Skip to main content

Topic: end of packet condition during residue decode (Read 4378 times) previous topic - next topic

• alsa
  • [*]
end of packet condition during residue decode
Hi to everybody 

I am developing a simple Ogg-Vorbis decoder in C.
The problem is that during residue-vector decode,the decoder regularly read past the end of packet:very rarely it stops to read before (10-20 bytes before).Is this behavior normal?

I've read on the documentation that is not an error condition,and this can be considered a nominal occurrence,but it seems me strange that a packet codify less or more data of the expectation.

Many thanks in advance
Alberto

• alsa
  • [*]
Reply #1
Hi to everybody 

I am developing a simple Ogg-Vorbis decoder in C.
The problem is that during residue-vector decode,the decoder regularly read past the end of packet:very rarely it stops to read before (10-20 bytes before).Is this behavior normal?

I've read on the documentation that is not an error condition,and this can be considered a nominal occurrence,but it seems me strange that a packet codify less or more data of the expectation.

Many thanks in advance
Alberto

Ok,i have resolved the problem 
Bye

Alberto

• SebastianG
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #2
Yeah, it sounds more like a bug considering "normal" streams.
However, decoders should not complain about end-of-packet conditions during residue decode since it might be a "peeled" stream.

• alsa
  • [*]
Reply #3
Hi SebastianG

Thanks for your answer.

However, decoders should not complain about end-of-packet conditions during residue decode since it might be a "peeled" stream.

I've used oggenc1.0-rc2 to encode the stream,maybe it produces only peeled streams.

However,i'm in order to apply the IMDCT to obtain the PCM samples.We will see those that it will happen 

Alberto

• Garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Reply #4
I've used oggenc1.0-rc2 to encode the stream,maybe it produces only peeled streams.

No current encoder produces them.