Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Could somebody advice a good recent EAC guide? (Read 3781 times) previous topic - next topic

Could somebody advice a good recent EAC guide?

Hello, everybody!
Could somebody advice a good recent guide (guides) for using EAC, (it would be perfect if of usage with APE and MPC + Replaigain)? Needed one for absolute beginners, and one for experts. 
Aim is absolute transparency.
It would be excellent if there are some presets for automation of the processes (+for tuning of the programs).    
It is desirable that it isn’t connected with any hubs and is refreshed regularly.
Thank you very much.

Reply #1
There is SatCP : Expert, old (for prebeta 11)
You can get presets for MP3, OGG, and MPC settings at Crhis Myden's site
For beginners, following the EAC configuration wizard is pretty easy, exept that they have to download the encoders and browse to its EXE.

I know a good recent tutorial is missing. In fact, it's not missing, it's french : http://forum.hardware.fr/forum2.php3?cat=3...wntopic=&theme=

I'll translate it into english, but I've not got the time yet, because I must check and rewrite some parts first, and I have not finished the DAE study I'm working on (though I'm near the end).

Reply #2
coaster factory satcp
http://www.ping.be/satcp/tutorials.htm
especially for eac

eac with mpc etc:

* guide:

* guide:

* guide (written lately):

MOD: * no links or names to ripping group guides please.

Reply #3
if you know Russian better then English: http://eac.by.ru/

Reply #4
It is desirable that it is refreshed regularly.

Exactly.
Not a nice thing: there are loads of outdated pages (about mp3 encoding with xing etc...) on the Internet. The good ones show their 'last updated' date clearly.

On the other hand, old guides can still be good (like The Coaster Factory) . (EAC has been there for a 'long' time).

I think the second guide User mentions (aqua) is not updated anymore. It was a nice simple guide at the time it was written, and it still works, but nowadays things have become even simpler :-)

Reply #5
Smth new appeared?
has pio translated the guide?

Reply #6
The guide was translated by a member of EAC's forum, but his author delayed its publication until his own webpage would be online. He had problems with someone stealing his french guide, so he wanted to publish both the english and french version himself first.
But his website was never finished.

Fortunately, someone else, not far from us, is working on a good guide, that is nearly done

Reply #7
The guide was translated by a member of EAC's forum, but his author delayed its publication until his own webpage would be online. He had problems with someone stealing his french guide, so he wanted to publish both the english and french version himself first.
But his website was never finished.

Fortunately, someone else, not far from us, is working on a good guide, that is nearly done

Please, whisper me in the ear when it is ready! 

Reply #8
I'm sure that the author is reading this thread. I let him inform us if there is something new.