Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Old recommended files cleanup (Read 446 times) previous topic - next topic

Old recommended files cleanup

I might have got this right but wanted to be sure. I'm trying to clean up my Foobar system (32) folder and users\me\AppData\Roaming entries and found some I'm fairly confident and some I'm surely confident I can get rid of and was hoping someone can re-assure me I'm good to go.
Win 7 64 running Foobar 32 latest preview. Back in my XP days I remember adding libsndfile-1.dll and libfftw3f-3.dll as needed files?? (did some research and not sure)...and there are the included (or old) file folders that are foo_dsp_std (with old dll), foo_converter folder (w/older version), same with foo_dsp_std folder (dated dll), foo_freedb2 (don't use), along with older or unused altogether ...foo_audioscrobbler.dll.cfg, foo_converter.dll.cfg (older and I believe replicated), foo_misc_addons.dll.cfg (un-installed), foo_out_ks.dll.cfg (un-installed), foo_out_wasapi.dll.cfg (now that I use shared), foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll.cfg, foo_vst.dll.cfg (now using v2/3), foo_youtube.dll.cfg (don't use). Except for converter (which I very rarely use but keep and believe it's older), I deleted or moved the others (for the moment) as I keep it simple, fast, and cool enough. It seems to be working fine and I don't really need a total breakdown unless you see one. Thinking the lib dll files were for my XP worker tower (in storage currently) for older version.
Guessing alot of users have kept things around that can and can"t go (most are obvious yet carried over w/newer Foo versions), and keep Foobar and the computer from looking (or bypassing) files and configs it no longer needs. I've been using Foobar forever and am house cleaning files un-needed (hopefully). Thx for any info.  Peace.  ;)
(and any tips or suggestions are  good)
There's free cheese in every trap.