Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Getting MP3 Album/Track/Artist Info to burned CD (Read 3690 times) previous topic - next topic

Getting MP3 Album/Track/Artist Info to burned CD

Hi. I'm pretty new at this. I've used Nero 6 Express and dbPowerAmp to decode a full mp3 album and burned it to cd(.cda). The cd plays fine, but I am not getting the Album/Track/Artist information displayed in my cd players(like Windows Media Player and Winamp). When I look at the titles of songs que'd up to be played, all I see is 'Track 1', 'Track 2' etc. I also can't tell who the artist is because that info is not displayed either. Only thing I get is 'Unknown Artist.' I'm sure there is a way to get this info decoded from MP3 to .cda but I haven't got a clue on how to do it.

I also use EAC/LAME to rip/encode my cd's so if EAC can transfer this MP3 info to burned CD, I may use that but I'm not sure if EAC even decodes and burns CD's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply #1
A plain CD audio track is unable to store any metadata. If you wanna be able to view the tags you need to burn a data CD containing the MP3s. As soon as MP3s are decoded to raw PCM the metadata is irreversibly lost.

An exception to this is the CD-Text. But as far as my knowledge reaches there's no way to write some CD-text based on ID3 tags while burning a CD.

Edit: Using Nero it's at least possible to manually insert the title and band name.

Reply #2
You can use CD-TEXT but not all players support it.

Reply #3
If a player does not support CD Text, will it still play the songs?

I did manually enter Artist and album in Nero but it didn't work for some reason.

Reply #4
Yes, sure it will still play the audio. The CD-TEXT is stored in the CDDA's subchannels, which are like a seperate data stream next to the audio.