Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: special musicmatch-tags in foobar (Read 4451 times) previous topic - next topic

special musicmatch-tags in foobar

Hi.

Now that MUSICMATCH got into filthy hands of yahoo it is not expected to get updated
anymore. Therefore I was looking for a substitute... and found it in foolbar!! 

I used to tag my 5000 songs very precisely and took adventage of musicmatch's
special tags to do so.

Is there any possibility to get these in foobar shown??
These are:

Preference    %COMMENT MUSICMATCH_Preference%
Mood            %COMMENT MUSICMATCH_Mood%
Situation      %COMMENT MUSICMATCH_Situation%
Tempo          %COMMENT MUSICMATCH_Tempo%

The listed tag-fields (%COMMENT MUSICMATCH_xxx%) are the ones, which I used
in Mp3Tag to show the special tags.

But these don't work with fb2k.
Has anybody an idea how to solve this??  Please... 

greetz & thanx, gunz

Reply #1
Where do you want them shown? In the playlist? It is real easy, right click on the playlist header, columns, and select more. Just type the custom tag field into there and it will be shown.
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(

Reply #2
SamHain86,

Unfortunately foobar2000 does not support those tags, otherwise that would work.

gnuz,

MusicMatch uses multiple ID3v2.3 COMM frames with description headers for its special tags. These follow the ID3v2.3 standard, but are not supported in foobar2000. The version 0.9.5.1 does better job than the previous foobar versions. It does not destroy multi-frame COMM tags on a tag save anymore (if the Comment tag is not edited), but it can't show the frames as separate tags.

Mp3tag's "Actions" feature can be used for copying the COMM frames contents to custom TXXX frames which are supported in foobar (TXXX = user defined text information frame).

Here is a screenshot of an Mp3tag's Action configuration that can do the trick:

EDIT

Alternatively, you could try the J. River Media Center 12 player (or Media jukebox 12, which is a free audio-only version). It has full MMJB tag support out of the box. I have explained how JR programs support MMJB tags in this JR forum thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45626.0

Reply #3
Sorry Alex B, but you are wrong. With the tag editor in FB2k 0.9.5 I added custom fields like %COMMENT MUSICMATCH_Tempo% and have it displayed on the playlist using the custom fields.

Reply #4
Sorry Alex B, but you are wrong. With the tag editor in FB2k 0.9.5 I added custom fields like %COMMENT MUSICMATCH_Tempo% and have it displayed on the playlist using the custom fields.

You created a TXXX frame with that name. You didn't create a COMM frame with a descriptive header.
Foobar shows all COMM frame values in its only Comment field without separating the contents to individual fields and without displaying the headers.

A file in Mp3tag:

The same file in foobar2000 0.9.5.2 b2:

Reply #5
My apologies.

Reply #6
WOW      WHAT a quick reaction.

You helped me both.  Special thanks go to Alex for all the illustrated explanation to understand what was wrong and how to make it fix.

I've chosen to use Alex' Mp3Tag-hint to get the tags into foobar.
Thanks to SamHain86 it was no problem to list the tags in 10 secs.

I also downloaded J.River's MC  for a trial.

The only remaining problem is when I change the tags in foobar,
they completly mess up all song-descriptions in musicmatch...

Inevitably...?            (would like to switch between mm <> fb)

greetz,
gnuz