Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to compile a .dll with Visual c++ Express? (Read 10264 times) previous topic - next topic

How to compile a .dll with Visual c++ Express?

Hello
I just want to know how to compile a .dll I know how it should work in Visual C++ Express Edition 2005 (so that the result is a .dll).
I tried it just with the step 2 .cpp. But it is always said that it is something missing: SDK/Foobar.h and so on.
I counldn't find out what exactly I must do.
So I guess I have to load  all Headers and cpp files to compile.

But I really don`t know what to do.

Please give me some advise. 

Reply #1
Hello
I just want to know how to compile a .dll I know how it should work in Visual C++ Express Edition 2005 (so that the result is a .dll).
I tried it just with the step 2 .cpp. But it is always said that it is something missing: SDK/Foobar.h and so on.
I counldn't find out what exactly I must do.
So I guess I have to load  all Headers and cpp files to compile.

But I really don`t know what to do.

Please give me some advise. 

You must enter the path to the missing .h :

Go into project/properties/configuration properties/C++. Enter your path in the "Additional include directory" box. Path relative to you project.

Same for .lib in linker/Input

rereading your post you probaly put the test2 project in the wrong dir: should be:

Code: [Select]
foobar2000
          foo_tutorial1
          SDK

Reply #2
Thanks a lot for answering 
I do read the tutorial readme and have the exakt structure like it is written in there 

The only that is still missing I think is the Windows SDK. I must install it.
But how must I add this to my projekt? Mustn't I ? I have no idea.