Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC and track number with leading zero in ID3 (Read 2668 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC and track number with leading zero in ID3

I have got one question about EAC.

When making MP3 with EAC + lame in ID3 v2 is track number without leading zero for example 1 and not 01.
Files are named correctly.

Does anybody knows what do I wrong?

Reply #1
I have got one question about EAC.

When making MP3 with EAC + lame in ID3 v2 is track number without leading zero for example 1 and not 01.
Files are named correctly.

Does anybody knows what do I wrong?

It's because the track# is stored as a numeric value, as opposed to a string in an APE tag. In a number there is obviously no difference between 1 and 01, but in a string there is. Switch to APE tags if you can.

seany

Reply #2
Well I understand what you mean, but when I use CDEX I have a choice which track number format should be written into ID3tag. Somtehing like this:

0x
0x/0x
etc.

In Tag&Rename there is also a function to rename x to 0x format.

BTW: what are APE Tags?

Reply #3
BTW: what are APE Tags?

APE-tags are the tagging system of MPC/MusePack but it can be used for mp3 too...it can cause gaps if the player doesn't support it though (so will id3)...foobar is the only player ATM that I know of that support ape-tags with mp3.

Possibly of interest:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....5&t=4907&hl=ape
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....1&t=4215&hl=ape