Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT 2 Released (Read 1265250 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT 2 Released

Reply #775
My only advice: only tamper with the CFG if you really need to.  Once you start making changes there is makes things more complicated for you to maintain, and for us to help with any problems.  I'm not saying that you should never change it - many REACT users do - but I would recommend using the INI options as much as possible and only revert to CFG changes where necessary.  Oh, and make backups!
Gotcha. ;-)
Funny I read this now after a mixture of random and intuitive tinkering, I configured the INI and the image CFG to use a different directory structure for Soundtracks. Now with the help of some other tools I make MD5 calculations of the files, and then make archives with recovery records. This is amazing.

My final question: How do I alter the various album artist in EAC to something else and keep the individual artists stored as the track performer in the CUE? I have many CDs that are various artists, however they are released under another artist. For instance, DJ Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise, a compilation of other artists however mixed by Tiesto. Is there a way to change EAC's behavior to accomplish this so I don't have to manually tag and rename folders?

EDIT: found the tools necessary to do what I wanted.
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(

REACT 2 Released

Reply #776
Since you mentioned backups: Do you know of any command line MD5 calculators that send out the hash as a file? I always create a MD5 of my lossless image file, which will get thrown into a RAR archive later on for permanent backup to a DVD. With what I have seen so far, I shouldn't have any problems automating that process, too. tongue.gif
I would use FSUM:

@tools@\FSUM "@image@">%dest%\"@basename@.md5"

And my final question: How do I alter the various album artist in EAC to something else and keep the individual artists stored as the track performer in the CUE? I have many CDs that are various artists, however they are released under another artist. For instance, DJ Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise, a compilation of other artists however mixed by Tiesto. Is there a way to change EAC's behavior to accomplish this so I don't have to manually tag and rename folders?
Hmm.. this is do-able - pretty much anything is if you put your mind to it with REACT - but it could be a lot of effort, and may be one better left to manual editing when required, as it should be required infrequently.

EAC will require the use of the VA checkbox to record the track artists.  You would therefore need to use something like SED in your CFG to edit the cuesheet after it has been written, using a new token to specify the actual value required.  You'd probably also need to rename some folders.

Definately possible though.

Edit: After looking at the CFG I would suggest something like:
  • Is this a VA album?
  • Is @alternativeartist@ set?
  • If Y to both of the above:
  • Recreate the CFG %dest% variable (path for final files) using $alternativeartist$ to ensure the folder name is correct.
  • Replace the current album artist name (@cdartist@) ("Various" or "Various Artists" presumably) with the value of @alternativeartist@ in both the source cuesheet (@sourcecuesheet@) and the actual cuesheet (@cuesheet@) - probably using SED - to ensure that tag values and stored cuesheets are correct.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #777
Final post on this matter I promise!
I have worked out what the problem was with trying to get REACT2 to only write ID3v2.3 tags. The code should read:
Code: [Select]
@tools@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "%TrackName%.mp3" --extra-opt "APIC{3}:%cover%" --pipe "TITLE $n/$N mp3 $#T & @tools@\lame.exe @Opt_LameMP3@ %ApplyAG_Lame% - $#o & @tools@\metamp3.exe --2 %Cover_tag% %VA_tag% %Disc_MP3_acdir% --artist $#a --album $q@year@: $T$q --title $#t --track $n/$N --year $q@year@$q --genre $q@genre@$q --comment $q%Comment_tag%$q --frame TENC:$q%USERNAME%$q --frame TSSE:$qLAME @Ver_LameMP3@ @Opt_LameMP3_tag@$q $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
IF %add_rg%==1 @tools@\metamp3.exe --2 %RG_MetaMP3% *.mp3
IF @ApplyAlbumGain@==1 @tools@\metamp3.exe --2 %ApplyAG_MetaMP3% *.mp3
I had added --2 into the main acdir/lame/metamp3 line above but not the the second and third lines which also call  metamp3 to write the RG and applygain (I don't actually use apply gain though)

It all works perfectly now. Thanks for your help 

G

REACT 2 Released

Reply #778
A Replaygain question.
In the REACT.INI file there is an option (AdjustAlbumGain_dB) to allow you to change the default reference level for replaygain from the standard 89db. The text at the top of the cfg suggests using +3, making it 92db which it says is best for DAP's. I am just creating RG album and track tags and then intend to convert them to Sound Check tabs using mp3tag. I am not using mp3gain (ApplyAlbumGain)

However I notice on my flac image that it has created a tag called ReplayGain Reference Level and this says 89db. Why is this not saying 92db? And also does this mean that the RG tags I have in my flac and mp3 files are referenced to 89 or 92?

I guess I am concluding that the AdjustAlbumGain-dB variable in REACT.INI only applies with mp3gain. Is this correct? Can the reference level for the flac image be changed and for this to be used when calculating the RG tags?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #779
Yes, AdjustAlbumGain_dB is only pertinent to metamp3 and aacgain, when applying the gain.

I don't know of a way to amend FLAC's reference value.  A quick scan of the docs didn't highlight anything.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #780
Please help a moron who has never dealt with a script before.
I want to get FLAC and MP3s out at the same time from my ripped files.  I have read the readme, the Wiki and browsed through the forums, but I can't get this thing to work at all after EAC rips it  I am sure it is something obvious I have done with my naming conventions or the command line modifications in the ini file, but I am not sure what. 

This is my INI, can someone take a look and see what my issue is? I've tried it by hitting f4 and f10, and modifying the image directories, doesn't seem to make a difference.
Thanks.

[Settings]
Version=2.0
ImageExt=wav
ImageNaming=$artist$ - [$year$] $album$
ImageHotKey={F10}
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
VA=Various Artists
CreateAllCuesheets=0
RunCoverDownloader=0
CoverDownloader=E:\Program Files\REACT\coverdownloader\albumart.exe
EAC=E:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
Tools=E:\Program Files\REACT\tools
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=1
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=1
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0

[UserOutputNames]
OutRoot=@mymusic@\EAC
ImageDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\FLAC-images\$cdartist$
ImageDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\WV-images\$cdartist$
ImageDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\MP3-images\$cdartist$
TrackDir_Flac=M:\$cdartist$\$album$
TrackDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\WV\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackDir_MP3=H:\Music\$cdartist$\$album$
TrackDir_AAC=@OutRoot@\AAC\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackDir_OGG=@OutRoot@\OGG\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackName_SA=$artist$-$album$-$track$-$title$
TrackName_VA=$artist$-$album$-$track$-$title$
TrackName_SA_acdir=$n - $~t
TrackName_VA_acdir=$n - $~t [$~a]

[UserSettings]
Debug=1
Comment=Created with EAC/REACT2, @curdate@
EmbedCover=0
ReplayGain=0
ApplyAlbumGain=0
AdjustAlbumGain_dB=+3.0
AddCuesheetAG=0
UseWaveGainAG=0
Opt_Flac=-8 -T "artist=%a"-T "album=%g"-T "tracknumber=%n" -T "title=%t" %s
Opt_Wavpack=-hmy
Opt_LameMP3=-V 2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d
Opt_NeroAac=-lc -q 0.21
Opt_iTunesAac=-d -s 2000
Opt_OggEnc2=-q 3.0
Ver_Flac=1.1.3
Ver_Wavpack=4.40
Ver_LameMP3=3.97
Ver_NeroAac=1.0.0.2
Ver_OggEnc2=2.83 Lancer aoTuV b5

REACT 2 Released

Reply #781
@Osprey
-I think your problem is my problem. Make sure you are using Synthetic Soul's modified version of REACT since the actual 2.0 does not work with the latest EAC. Get Synthetic Soul's moddified version here.

Also you are programming your REACT.INI to tag the files TWICE. Set your INI like this:
Code: [Select]
Opt_Flac=-8
Opt_LameMP3=-V 2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2

Take a peak in at the tracks and image CFGs. It is not difficult at all to use this. I have no background with programming at all, but I pecked through the lines one at a time and now I have slick script that generates different directories for soundtracks, makes hashes of my lossless image file [EDIT: "and the audio data inside," I am hoping to get this with SHNTOOL on WV images], and makes a RAR archive with 10% recovery record to be later burned to DVD. It is a really handy tool.

For some hints of how I solved my problems, start reading here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....0273&st=767

@Synthetic Soul
-Thanks again for all your help before.

@Everyone
Is there an archiving utility like WinRAR that adds recovery records to correct damaged archives? And I mean a significant recovery record, like WinRAR's 10% of the total archive size of a recovery record. I found ARJ however it does not seem to work, despite having all the necessary DLLs and installed components.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #782
I personally just keep two seperate DVD+R archives of my WavPack images(and i only use MCC or TY media), but if you want to make recovery records, then i believe that dvdisaster is one of the best solutions for that...

REACT 2 Released

Reply #783
Thanks dude, you saved me a ton of time.  I will definitely play with the software now that I have it working.  BTW, is there an advantage to making an image versus just ripping the tracks?  I assume there must be.

@Osprey
-I think your problem is my problem. Make sure you are using Synthetic Soul's modified version of REACT since the actual 2.0 does not work with the latest EAC. Get Synthetic Soul's moddified version here.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #784
I'm trying to get REACT to replace flacattack. I've got it mostly setup the way I want, except that I'm trying to copy the log and cue over for the track extraction mode.
I've started editing the .cfg to add a line to copy the two files over, but it seems that the @eaclog@ variable is pointing to an incorrect filename.
In my case, it's pointing to: "C:\Cdtools\EAC\TMP\Nutcracker with The London Symphony Orchestra.log"
when the actual filename is "Tchaikovsky - Nutcracker with The London Symphony Orchestra.log" .. Is there a setting in EAC that controls the resulting filename of the .log file that I may have mis-set that is confusing REACT?

Edit: Should have just read but five minutes longer. Apparently the official version of REACT does not currently play nicely with the new EAC prebetas. Switching to Synthetic Soul's version has fixed my issue. Sorry for the post.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #785
@nago-
-You aren't the only one. I think there ought to be a big, bright, flashy marquee banner somewhere that says "REACT2.0 DOES NOT WORK WITH EAC 0.99PB6" because that problem kept me awake for many nights. 

@Osprey-
-I only rip to images for two reasons:
  • It is tidier for me to have just one giant CD image and CUE sheet, and
  • I still have this irrational fear about incorrect gaps between tracks from when I used Windows Media Player to make CDs and there were long pauses between tracks when I knew there were not on the original.
@Martin H-
-I am using DVDisaster in conjunction with these RAR archives... do you honestly think it is fruitless to have both recovery methods? I still want to make some kind of ZIP or RAR archive... else I have to keep track of which CDs I have yet to backup. 

@Anyone-
-I think I am being brain dead or something when it comes to SHNTOOL because I cannot figure out how to output the MD5 and SHA-1 hashes to a file.  Any command line suggestions?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #786
@nago-
-You aren't the only one. I think there ought to be a big, bright, flashy marquee banner somewhere that says "REACT2.0 DOES NOT WORK WITH EAC 0.99PB6" because that problem kept me awake for many nights. 

Actually, I had to go back to the original, and am just 'guessing' the log and cue locations. the modified version did some pretty wonky things for me, including; when I set the 'tracks' shortkey to be F6 and point to Shift+F6, it worked fine the original version, but the modded one would only copy tracks instead of T&C.

Also, if I had the album art retriever enabled, the modified version would start ripping tracks before detecting gaps was even done- so EAC would be busy looking for gaps, the album art retriever would be up, and it'd be ripping tracks already. It didn't make EAC very happy...

So I switched back to the original and am just using some name-guessing tactics to find the log/cue, but I made a guess user-configurable in case it just doesn't work.

...I'd switch back to the modified version if I could hammer those two problems, though...

REACT 2 Released

Reply #787
the modified version did some pretty wonky things for me, including; when I set the 'tracks' shortkey to be F6 and point to Shift+F6, it worked fine the original version, but the modded one would only copy tracks instead of T&C.
To use T&C with my mod set Test=1 in the [Settings] section of the INI, and press the normal hotkey (F4 or F10 by default).  I did this to include the new T&C for images.

Also,  if I had the album art retriever enabled, the modified version would  start ripping tracks before detecting gaps was even done- so EAC would  be busy looking for gaps, the album art retriever would be up, and it'd  be ripping tracks already. It didn't make EAC very happy...
I can't see how this happens.  Ripping tracks before gap detection?  REACT forcing this?  Dunno.  There should be no difference in the actual process timeline.

If there is an issue and we can pinpoint it then I'll gladly fix the bug; however, this is the first I've heard of it, and it doesn't appear to make sense.  That said, I don't use album art, so I have only personally tested a limited nmber of times.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #788
I'll test it out more thoroughly after I get my .cfg fully hammered out, but it did some pretty weird things when I was trying to use it, so I just went back to the "original" one for now, but I'll go back and try to see if I can replicate and pinpoint exactly what the cause was.

Edit: just replicated it on a separate computer.
Enable 'Create all Cuesheets' and 'Run Cover Downloader' simultaneously and it will do some funky things.
It will start to detect gaps, but it doesn't seem to finish "fast enough", and the cover downloader will launch while it is still detecting gaps.
After selecting album art or closing it otherwise, it will start to rip tracks while it is (trying) to detect gaps, although at this point it will say;
'Detecting Gaps- Track 0' and it will never finish at this point.

Edit Again: If you use the former-f4 hotkey function "Detect Gaps" before invoking the REACT tracks script, everything works out fine.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #789
Hi all,

I've been playing with REACT for the last few days, and I've got it doing most of what I want now, but I'm having a prolem with cover art.

It seems that all the temporary files are being created in "My Documents", and the generated BAT file is expecting the cover art to be there, however the cover art is actually being stored in z:\music, which is where I haveconfigured EAC to place it's output files too.

I thought all temporary files would be created and subsequently tidied up from the EAC working directory.

At the moment they are created in My Documents, and not deleted.

I am using Vista,  EAC V0.99 prebeta 3, REACT 2.0.ssb16, with the ssb16 config files. I changed the lame settings, and OutRoot in the ini file. I haven't touched the cfgs.

Any help is much appreciated.

Leon

REACT 2 Released

Reply #790
It may be worth upgrading to the latest version of my mod, and then using Ctrl+F2 to reconfigure EAC.

If you check the changelog you'll find some links against ssb16f that detail some issues with the working directories getting out of sync.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #791
My bad. I am on the latest version, but I copied the version string from the ini file!

I did ctrl-F2 though, and it seems to have fixed it. What exactly happens when you hit ctrl-f2?

On slightly odd thing that is ahppening though is that the folder images are somehow being flagged as executable, so when I double click them, windows tries to execute (and fail). They are still valid jpgs though. Odd. I'll look into that in more detail tomorrow night, but I have a baby to feed now.

Ta, SS!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #793
Playing with the error I got further..

Invoking the tracks script with F4 without detecting gaps beforehand and having 'create all cuesheets' set to true (and having cover art set to false) will still produce the results I am talking about.

It will go through and start detecting gaps, but maybe halfway through, the track ripping dialog comes up and starts ripping tracks before it's done detecting gaps.

It doesn't do it if you detect the gaps manually beforehand, but the original REACT does not have this issue.

If you don't cancel the extraction and gap detection processes when it starts messing up, it will produce unhandled exception errors: the current one I've got on screen says "Unhandled Exception' - at Gaps.2150 -> INDEX-RANGE"

REACT 2 Released

Reply #794
Thanks for the report.  I'll try to find some time to test this.

I'm confused, as I'm 99% sure my mod does not alter the process timeline at all.  I'll have to look at the code involved to see if I can work out what could be causing an issue.

I can't see how REACT can force EAC to start ripping when it is part-way through detecting the gaps!

I'll look into it when I can.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #795
OK, I think I may have resolved this.

I made a change a while back, that stopped REACT hanging when trying to create the cuesheets.  This change made REACT give up after five seconds, rather than trying indefinately.

However, when EAC needs to detect gaps, the process will take longer than five seconds.  Therefore, I have raised the limit to two minutes.

I cannot remember who was having problems with the infinite loop that REACT 2.0 uses, and why I changed it to give up after five seconds.  Hopefully the two minutes limit should be OK for both situations.  If not, maybe I'll have to move the value used out to the INI, for people to amend as they see fit.

Additionally, I must admit that I was blissfully unaware of the TracksHotVal setting.  As it was an easy change I have put that functionality back in.  I don't like to remove functionality from Tycho's original, I just try to tack on a few extra bits.  Therefore, to use T&C with tracks, you can now either use TracksHotVal as discussed in the wiki, or the Test=1 setting (or both, it won't matter). To use T&C with images you must use the Test=1 setting.

Please try 2.0.ssb16i.

Edit: FYI, the post where it was decided to stop looking for a cuesheet after five seconds.  I hope th latest change doesn't just bring more grief.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #796
@leonlikestrees-
-You must be using my modified INI since you've mentioned @OutRoot@, which is a variable I added. That is strange that it makes executable folders... sounds like a Vista problem. Mine does not do this on XP.

EDIT: My bad, I created a different variable called RootFolder that dictates the output directory. Then I have OutRoot and OutRoot_sndtrk which specify the sub-directories.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #798
@Outroot@ is a standard REACT variable. It's documented in the wiki.

I only mentioned it in case it had a bearing. My question about F2 was more a general one, than specific to this error.

@SamHain86 - not using your files yet, except to learn from (thanks!). Now I have found REACT, I'm muddling through as I don't think my needs are quite the same as yours.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #799
Thanks a whole bunch, my good friend. However, I now have questions for you.
Are the LOG and CUE names generated by EAC always going to be the same (EAC Versions aside), or are they user-configurable at all?

Additionally, in your modified react, does @eaclog@ point to the correct logfile in both the old and new EAC versions, or is it statically set to the new logfile?

One further question. Is there a way to automatically extract only one cuefile out of the four? currently I have it set to generate all four and am using variables to pick out just the one I want.