Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Secure audio ripping to image file(ex. .iso) (Read 8712 times) previous topic - next topic

Secure audio ripping to image file(ex. .iso)

Reply #25
emtee: btw, which band is it?

Actually I find it strange that EAC doesn't work in your friend's drive. The drive can have some features missing, but *I think* EAC shouldn't have a problem with it. Can you give more details, symptoms etc...

cya

Reply #26
It might be worth giving Alcohol 120% a try. I use it to manage disk images in a virtual drive, and its the best tool I've tried so far. It is good at extracting images of copy protected data cds, although I haven't tried it for any copy protected music cd - I don't tend to buy the sort of stuff that is copy protected. It can also load cue sheets with the associated wav file as a virtual cd, so it should solve your problems.

http://www.alcohol-software.com/software_120.php

.dd.

Great program, indeed, however bypassing a protection isn't the point here. The creation of a Virtual Drive would only confuse her more - She has no idea what is EAC for and what the hell is L.A.M.E.. The CD image Alcohol would output wouldn't be "secure", either.

emtee: btw, which band is it?

Actually I find it strange that EAC doesn't work in your friend's drive. The drive can have some features missing, but *I think* EAC shouldn't have a problem with it. Can you give more details, symptoms etc...

cya

It is the latest Blind Zero CD. If you're from Portugal, you know it for sure.

Actually I recently found that EAC works on her computer, but its ripping speed is about 0.3X. That'd take up to 7 hours ripping the whole CD do wav. That's probably why she cancelled the extraction.
I thought maybe the drive read features were not properly configured, but clicking on "Detect Read Features" in EAC | Drive Options doesn't work - EAC just can't detect her drive features.
Maybe installing an external ASPI interface for EAC to use?

Reply #27
yup...

as i said... 

prefered..: BAO. using DDump to write bin/cue
cd mage or isobuster to open..
or burn directly.

alternative..: Discjuggler writing cdi image.. cd mage
or isobuster to open..
or burn directly.

Reply #28
There's no point in using Alcohol, CloneCD, Diskjuggler, NRG or ISO images...

A WAV file ripped from that disc will contain the same info.

If emtee wants secure ripping, it's simply a matter of ripping twice and compare like EAC does.

If EAC goes that slow maybe the drive is so bad that it can't read the same data from the same sector twice. Here there's a list of drives and the column "Correct" shows if the drive can read the same data always from a clean source:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_roms/fram...e_list_ide.html

What's her drive?

Use the secure options in EAC:
- Accurate Stream can be enabled if the drive is modern.
- Enable "drive caches audio". (If it doesn't cache it won't harm)
- Disable "C2 errors" options.

If it's slow, try an easy ripper.
CDDAE also rips twice and compare.

Reply #29
yup...

prefered..: BAO. using DDump to write bin/cue
cd mage or isobuster to open..
or burn directly.

--paranoia-mode 0'. If your drive is good it will create bit identical
images of an audio CD..

Andreas Mueller

and it`s fast...