Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sorting 'browser' playlist on start up (Read 2820 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorting 'browser' playlist on start up

I've been playing around with some Panels UI skins.. namely, FoFR and FooAVA..

Everytime Foobar2000 starts up, the "browser" playlist (which contains the playlist of the entire library) is not sorted correctly.

Some problems are

1. the Various Artists album are sorted by artist rather than track number. 

2. the Albums are sorted by album name rather than Date

If I right click the playlist and click Sort/Group By Artist / Date / Album, everything is sorted correctly.  It is a PITA to do this everytime Foobar2000 starts.

So, how can I automate this sorting process for the browser playlist on startup?

Reply #1
wow.. I take it no one knows the answer.  dang.

Reply #2
Thanks to a user named bertox, this problem is now solved.

The solution is the following... word for word.

To do auto list sort at browser startup/refresh you have to put your sort values in:
preferences -> general -> sort incoming files by:

Code: [Select]
%ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE% - %PATH_SORT%

The problem was with the foobar default sort string

Code: [Select]
path_sort% %ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%

That's why everything is sorted by album name rather than year.. because it reads the folder name first before everything else..

Thanks bertox for everything!

Case closed.