Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to extract audio from .swf file? (Read 4799 times) previous topic - next topic

How to extract audio from .swf file?

I want to extract the audio from a "shockwave flash object" ( a .swf file). Is it even possible?

Reply #1
I want to extract the audio from a "shockwave flash object" ( a .swf file). Is it even possible?

Do a Google search for "shockwave decompiler". I've never used one but I know they exist. You should be able to extract any of the contents using one, as far as I know.

Reply #2

Try this site:

HooTech

I just Googled "swf to wav" and got this site, among others.
--  tung  --
http;//tung.co

Reply #3
Beware of software which transcodes the audio, when losslessly extracting it is almost certainly possible. Know also that shareware programs such as the above are often quite limited in their free forms. That said, there should be a reasonable answer somewhere.

Reply #4
Beware of software which transcodes the audio, when losslessly extracting it is almost certainly possible. Know also that shareware programs such as the above are often quite limited in their free forms. That said, there should be a reasonable answer somewhere.

This program, SWF to MP3 Converter, also converts to WAV. I just tried it out with Salad Fingers and it worked with no problem. The limitation appears to be 5 conversions.
--  tung  --
http;//tung.co

Reply #5
Thanks, I managed to extract it losslessly .I used two different apps and got exactly the same bitrate and tags each time (can't be coincidence).