Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playing files from FTP-server (Read 7953 times) previous topic - next topic

Playing files from FTP-server

Hello all!
May be there is a plug-in for foobar2k which allows to play files from FTP-server like mplayer(Linux) does?
May be some one wants to create such a plug-in? 

---
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Forgive me my terrible English, plz. I'm not a native speaker.[/span]

Reply #1
Actually... I second that. Would be very nice to have.

Reply #2
Yes that would be real nice, anybody that like writing plugins? =)

I been looking for some features like that, I would like to play music from my computer at home frome my work, any ideas?

Reply #3
something new?
i realy like to have this plugin

Reply #4
Did you try to mount your FTP as a local drive on your Windows ? I do the same with a Samba server and Windows XP, the Samba share is U: and I can listen to MP3s on it with foobar2000. In the explorer it might be Tools > Connect to a ...

Reply #5
Samba is different to FTP. AFAIK you cant stream FTP. The file would have to be downloaded then played. I dont know what MPlayer does but it should be along the same lines. 
Eh so mplayer does stream
"MPlayer supports streaming via HTTP/FTP, RTP/RTSP, MMS/MMST, MPST, SDP"
Thats new to me.

Reply #6
no, i didn´t want to mount the dir´s, casue i have a lot of symlinks which managed over ioftpd like indexing newdate dir and so on, i like foobar but it seems i have to try MPlayer :-(
thx anyway ;-)

Reply #7
I would like to play music from my computer at home frome my work, any ideas?

I use terminal services. That way I get to use my home foobar config and keep my play counter stats in synch and everything.

Reply #8
mpplayer doesnt have a gui
somebody know another player?