Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mac OS X Spotlight Metadata Importer for FLAC (Read 3259 times) previous topic - next topic

Mac OS X Spotlight Metadata Importer for FLAC

I've just finished a preliminary version of a Spotlight importer for FLAC files.  It allows you to search for FLAC files with Spotlight using metadata as search criteria.  For example, searching for "David Bowie" will return "01 Nature Boy.flac" since David Bowie is the artist.

Is this something that anyone else would be interested in?

Reply #1
Hi sbooth,

I can't believe that no one replied to this since it was posted. I'd love an app like this.

I found this thread after doing a quick Google search for just this. How usable is it?

Thanks,
Smiler

P.S. I live by Cog/Max - they're great apps. Thanks for your work! I'm looking forward to seeing Play mature.

Reply #2
I can't believe that no one replied to this since it was posted. I'd love an app like this.

I found this thread after doing a quick Google search for just this. How usable is it?

It's actually just a plugin that goes in either /Library/Spotlight or ~/Library/Spotlight, not an app, but it works quite well.  Here is a screenshot from Finder:

All of the metadata that shows up there (and some that isn't) is searchable by Spotlight.

I have added a page with my Spotlight importers at http://sbooth.org/importers/.