Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wav.wav.wv (Read 7116 times) previous topic - next topic

wav.wav.wv

Hi,

my first post in a while!

ive recently formatted my pc, reinstalled everything etc, and followed the sticky to setup Eac and Wavpack,

however - when i rip using 'Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet' i end up with 3 files:

1. a .WAV.cue file (the cuesheet of the cd showing name etc,
2. a .WAV.WAV.wv file (the actual wavpack file
3. an Eac .txt file log thing,

i used to get a .wv.wv. file that i then renamed to just .wv (as i read somewhere that Eac doesnt like file entensions that are less than 3 letters), now im getting .WAV.WAV.wv ? ne ideas??

i also encode the cuesheet into the wv file using the -w "Cuesheet=@*.cue" command, but when i rename the WAV.WAV.wv file to just a .wv file and load it into foobar2000 it displays the same name for every track in the file!

any help would be great!!

cheers,
Matt

wav.wav.wv

Reply #1
This was discussed and investigated by a few of us in the REACT thread (here).

This happened with the introduction of EAC v0.95b4, and my conclusion is that it is a result of André attempting to fix the ".wv.wv" issue.

If you rename the WV file you will also need to change the FILE command in the cuesheet.

i also encode the cuesheet into the wv file using the -w "Cuesheet=@*.cue" command, but when i rename the WAV.WAV.wv file to just a .wv file and load it into foobar2000 it displays the same name for every track in the file!
Are you saying this only happens if you rename the WV file?  What is your EAC command line?  I assume you are not setting a TITLE tag for the image?
I'm on a horse.

wav.wav.wv

Reply #2
thanks for the reply!

React looks like the way to go,

this is my eac command line:

-w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m" -w "Cuesheet=@*.cue" -h %s %d

would you recommend removing any of the -w's?

thanks!
Matt

wav.wav.wv

Reply #3
I would definately recommend losing the '-w "Title=%t"'.  You are ripping to an album image but setting a track title!  This is why all the tracks have the same title, as foobar will take the file tags over the cuesheet content.

I only realised this recently, and I make the same mistake, but you should probably lose the '-w "Artist=%a"' bit as well, as this will be wrong in foobar (for the same reason) if the CD is Various Artists.  Here is a link to the REACT thread where this issue is discussed.
I'm on a horse.