Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Help Burrrn Help (Read 9543 times) previous topic - next topic

Help Burrrn Help

Someone suggested in another topic that (I used Search first) that One try to put WNASPI32.DLL in the Burrrn folder and uncheck SPTI and see if that helps.

HOWEVER; This did not help for me (ERROR follows):

I tried with SPTI checked & unchecked with WNASPI32.DLL both in and not in the Burrrn folder.

P.S. Burrrn 1.12 worked on my previous system. I upgraded/rebuilt new Motherboard, chip, CD-RW drive, and upgraded OS to WIN XP Pro from Win 2K Pro. Burrrn 1.12 worked on previous with no problem. This is the first I tried Burrrn on new system. I then installed the newest Burrrn 1.14 Beta 2. And the resulting error, below. Same error when I ckick on "Disc Info" button.

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

WITH SPTI ON & WNASPI32.DLL NOT in Burrrn folder:

Initializing SPTI ... OK!

?: Invalid argument. : scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 12 00 00 00 2C 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 20s
ERROR: Inquiry command failed on 'SPTILOCK:1,0,0'.
SPTILOCK:1,0,0: Rev:
?: Invalid argument. : scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 20s
ERROR: Cannot setup device SPTILOCK:1,0,0.

WITH SPTI OFF & WNASPI32.DLL in Burrrn folder:

ERROR: Cannot open SCSI device 'ASPILOCK:1,0,0':
Transport name: ASPI
Transport descr.: Generic transport independent SCSI
Transp. layer ind.: ASPI:
Target specifier: bus,target,lun
Target example: ASPI:1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning: supported
Open via UNIX device: not supported
Transport name: SPTI
Transport descr.: Generic SCSI for Windows NT/2000/XP
Transp. layer ind.: SPTI:
Target specifier: bus,target,lun
Target example: SPTI:1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning: supported
Open via UNIX device: not supported
ERROR: Please use option '--device bus,id,lun', e.g. --device 0,6,0
ERROR: Cannot setup device ASPILOCK:1,0,0.
Supported SCSI transports for this platform:

P.S.  I worked around it (long way) by using Monkey Audio to Decompress stored APE files back to WAV.
And then using CDburnerXP Pro (Freeware) to create audio CD's.  Burrrn would have been preferential - able to burn APE files.

P.P.S.  I also noticed so far, that 2 different CD's (out of several dozen) couldn't be read by this CD-RW drive (into EAC)?  Maybe part of the problem is the drive?

Help Burrrn Help

Reply #1
Someone suggested in another topic that (I used Search first) that One try to put WNASPI32.DLL in the Burrrn folder and uncheck SPTI and see if that helps.

HOWEVER; This did not help for me (ERROR follows):

I tried with SPTI checked & unchecked with WNASPI32.DLL both in and not in the Burrrn folder.

P.S. Burrrn 1.12 worked on my previous system. I upgraded/rebuilt new Motherboard, chip, CD-RW drive, and upgraded OS to WIN XP Pro from Win 2K Pro. Burrrn 1.12 worked on previous with no problem. This is the first I tried Burrrn on new system. I then installed the newest Burrrn 1.14 Beta 2. And the resulting error, below. Same error when I ckick on "Disc Info" button.

P.S.  I worked around it (long way) by using Monkey Audio to Decompress stored APE files back to WAV.
And then using CDburnerXP Pro (Freeware) to create audio CD's.  Burrrn would have been preferential - able to burn APE files.

P.P.S.  I also noticed so far, that 2 different CD's (out of several dozen) couldn't be read by this CD-RW drive (into EAC)?  Maybe part of the problem is the drive?

Hi!
I have almost the same problem, with the difference that I simply updated the firmware of my Asus writer and got the same error as yours. I think that our burner isn't supported by the cdrdao. Anyways, I tried to burn a disc with EAC and it failed, too. Nero worx, but it's not a question. I'd like to get rid of it.
So, your drive I think is O.K. , the discs you couldn't read with EAC may be the problem.(burned too fast, noname disc, or any other "funny" thing.)
  I tried to find an update for cdrdao, but nothing so far. If you find some, tell me where?
P.S. I have a preinstalled live XP on a cd (from unknown source) and I made a try: from under that live XP Burrrn worx! (the same, installed one from my HDD) . Why? Maybe Gambit could answer.

Help Burrrn Help

Reply #2
Hi Again!
  I think I got it! I downloaded cdrdao 1.2.2.tar.bz2 and took a look in it. Cdrdao uses cygwin and a scsi driver. I downloaded cygwin from    www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?cygwin1  and unrared it in \windows\system . In the cdrdao archive is a  aspi.reg file. I have run it and launched my burrrn to check what I did. It WORRRXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!        . So you don't need to replace cdrdao (I don't know how to compile it from the archive) just put cygwin in the right place and run the aspi.reg. It looks like I already have the scsi driver installed, but your system may require it. Download an aspi driver from adaptec.com and install it (if really needed) and run that  .reg again (just to be sure).   
  Tell me if you r successful, too.

P.S.: SCSI drivers are installed by any type of virtual cd/dvd drive (Daemon tools, Nero Image Drive, Clonecd drive or any other), so if u have a virtual drive on your PC, u must have a SCSI driver, too. Bye.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021