Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2.32 second gap before track 1 in EAC (Read 2989 times) previous topic - next topic

2.32 second gap before track 1 in EAC

Everywhere I read that the pre-gap of track 1 of an Audio CD was always 2 seconds. I've had some CDs now, which have a pre-gap of 2.32 seconds, always 100% silence.

Is this usual? Some CDs have 2.00 seconds, I'm worrying again that gap detection is not working right..

Reply #1
check if you have enabled accelerate drive before reading in your drive options.... this could maybe a solution...
FB2K,APE&LAME

Reply #2
This option doesn't have influence on Gap Detection (F4). It's the same result.. So is it possible that there is a 2.32 second gap so that my drive might  detect it correctly or must there be a fault anywhere?

Reply #3
The Red Book defines the pause area before track one to be between 2 and 3 seconds long. Most CDs have a pause area before track one of either 2 seconds, 2 seconds and 32 frames or 2 seconds and 33 frames. Then there are also CDs that goes against the Red Book spec, and stores hidden tracks in that area which lasts several minuttes.

Reply #4
Thank you very much! Everything allright then