Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting divx to .mov in windows (Read 3100 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting divx to .mov in windows

I know on the mac its just a matter of using QUicktime with the DIVX plugin, but Divx doesn't offer a similar plugin for windows.

So is there a way to convert divx video to Quicktime?

Converting divx to .mov in windows

Reply #1
I do the opposite by converting Nikon Digital Camera MOV files (motion JPEG + PCM WAV) to other formats, including AVI (lossless huffYUV and PCM WAV) for editing in VirtualDub before recompressing.

"SUPER" from erightsoft.com does all the necessary transcoding, albeit with a quirky user-interface. It will also advise you which video codecs are supported by Quicktime (at least it did when I tried it with the MPEG-4, which can carry a variety of video and audio formats) and most of the same formats are available within the MOV carrier.
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD