Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero encoded audiobooks w/chapters (Read 1830 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero encoded audiobooks w/chapters

A little background info:  I'm new to the whole world of taking audio encoding with any seriousness so if any of the setup/assumptions I've made here seem wrong or out of place to you feel free to question them.

My requirements are that what I encode has to work on my (non-Rockboxed) iPod.  As far as desktop Windows audio players I'm more flexible.  I prefer Winamp but that's not a necessity.  I'm starting with an .mp3 collection ripped with MusicMatch Jukebox a few years ago and I'm deleting them and reencoding.  I've settled on using EAC to rip my cd's and REACT to encode the rips to both Wavpack (for archiving only) and Nero encoded/tagged .m4a files.  This works great for my music.

The problem is I also have large collection of audiobooks I want to rip into single .m4b files.  I want to add iPod compatible chapter tags but in searching the forums I haven't come up with any info on how to do this with the Nero command line tools.  I would prefer to use these tools to accomplish this but if that's not possible what are my options here?