Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Portable Earphones Purchasing Advice? (Read 2837 times) previous topic - next topic

Portable Earphones Purchasing Advice?

What would be the best reasonably priced earphones to buy, mainly for use with an iPod Nano? From what I've heard the in-ear sound blocking one's are meant to be all singing, all dancing, but not so hot when on the move or exercising - and that would be the majority of time I'd be using them, so think I'd probably be better off going for the more traditional sort.

Pricewise I'm happy to pay say £15-40 or so ($30-75ish according to XE). Sound quality and clarity are important and I'm not a fan of overly loud bass. Mostly listen to indie, alternative and dance music if that's relevant. They'd also need to be fairly rugged and / or survivable as they'd get battered kicking round in pockets all day and I seem to have had a fairly high turn over rate of earphones these last few years...

Any suggestions as to what I should go for?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Reply #1
I was VERY happy with my Sony MDR-EX71 if it wasn't for the cable breaking inside after a while. Though they are very cheap, but they are not suitible for sports-use. But take a look on the MDR-EX81 - they are the same in-ear type, but with a sport-thingy (need a word for this hehe) to keep them in place. Check them out 
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #2
Wait for the iGrado "streetstyle".  Should be out any day now.

Reply #3
Senheiser px-100 are quite nice.

Reply #4
Wait for the iGrado "streetstyle".  Should be out any day now.

I don't know... That design seems like it'd be uncomfortable, (I never did like the "streetstyle").. But hey if it's got the same drivers as the SR60 then it wouldn't be a bad choice.