Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: anyone successfully installed EAC w/ LAME on Windows Vista build 5536 (Read 3606 times) previous topic - next topic

anyone successfully installed EAC w/ LAME on Windows Vista build 5536

Hi all, been running Vista 5536 for a week and about to download 5600 (RC1) -

EAC installs just fine, ie. no errors, however, when I install the latest Lame.exe and select Lame as the external compressor, something is not working properly: instead of the dos window opening and displaying the compression status, EAC seems to just skip to the next track with the dos window opening for but a brief instant, <1s

anyone know of a workaround to the problem?

Cheers,

Danny
Writer & Reviewer @
The Inner Ear
Positive-Feedback Online

Reply #1
I have not had any issues on Vista RC1. Works for me...

Reply #2

Same here, installed Vista RC1 last night and it works fine.  I have a problem with the latest Nero 7 but that is another issue.

Reply #3
curious: how did you install EAC w/ LAME?  I keep trying, but for some reason all I get are the same results...

Same here, installed Vista RC1 last night and it works fine.  I have a problem with the latest Nero 7 but that is another issue.
Writer & Reviewer @
The Inner Ear
Positive-Feedback Online