Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Continuator Question (Read 6546 times) previous topic - next topic

Continuator Question

Hi I been trying to figure out how to get this Continuator thing working.  I can get the winamp one to work fine for me but this thing I can't get it to do anything.  Heres what I want it to do.  I just want to fade out a song into another sorta like radio.  Is there any other features you guys know of like album versions of songs when it gets quiet ect that it can cut out the dead silence and fade into another track?  Im not looking to go all crazy with this just like to fade in like radio does to songs.  Thanks if you guys know here is current state of my Continuator below.

Continuator Question

Reply #1
this belongs to foobar2000 forums.

Continuator Question

Reply #2
does anyone know?

Continuator Question

Reply #4
Edit: sorry, delete

Continuator Question

Reply #5
ok now that ive found this and sorry about the confusion on this I thought it was a general audio question how can you get this thing to work?

Thanks

Continuator Question

Reply #6
file/ preferences/dsp manager
add in list continuator
Music is my first love.

Continuator Question

Reply #7
here is current state of the continuator:
[a href="http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pagenk5.jpg" target="_blank"]

Thanks

Continuator Question

Reply #8
Whats the best settings for a crossfade radio style

I'd love to have some info too because i'm not able to have a crossfade as good as i used to have on 0.8.3 with directsound 2.5.
Sorry for the bad english, I'm french .

Continuator Question

Reply #9
Can you guys put up some screen caps of some good setups on the best crossfade between songs.  Im looking for something like radio how it crossfades into the next song.  I get confused on the complexity of how much dbs I need ect and that curve stuff below.

Continuator Question

Reply #10
use crossfader plugin instead
Music is my first love.

Continuator Question

Reply #11
use crossfader plugin instead

As far as going to crossfader, I do not necessarily agree.  It depends on what you are looking for.  I like continuator because I find that its ability to overlap tracks gives a better radio like effect and crossfader without your files being gapless could cause you gaps.  The only problem is that the port of continuator to .9 was not complete and you could get some crashes (I don't) and on occasion a screwed up fade between tracks, but overall works well for me.  Below are my continuator settings:

Continuator Question

Reply #12
This is an ancient thread, but I've been playing around with Foobar to make a great configuration for playing music at parties.

Starting with Foobar v0.9.6.7 I used the Xchange Foobar config to make it look great, with album covers, lyrics, bio info and all that.

Then I added the on the fly normalizer called Vlevel.  Only this version has proven to be stable on my system.

This keeps the music at a particular volume level.

Lastly, I wanted my songs to 'mix' on auto-pilot.  I didn't need anything fancy, and I wanted to use Foobar, so I started looking into Continuator.

Like with Vlevel, only a certain version proved to work perfectly on my system, and that was Continuator 0.4.1  (newer versions would crash Foobar on occasion)
http://www.crystalidea.com/?q=freeware

This is all on Vista by the way, in case anyone is looking for a combination of Foobar and plugin versions that play well together.

So now, with the goal of having my songs blend nicely into each other, I started playing around with Continuator.  I didn't want the songs to fade out like on the radio, I wanted it to sound more DJ like, with the songs sort of meshing into each other.

Anyways, at the end of this long winded thread, I thought I would post what my Continuator settings are to achieve this (along with what my overall Foobar config looks like).

Maybe someone out there looking to do the same will find it useful.

But what I'm really hoping is that other Continuator users out there might be compelled to post their own Continuator settings along with a description of what sort of crossfade or mixing style it achieves. 

These were the best settings I was able to come up with, but maybe someone can offer an improvement.