Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC : MP3 + WavPack ? (Read 5740 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC : MP3 + WavPack ?

I was wondering if there was a way to get EAC to produce simultaneously a WavPack file (lossless) and a MP3 file from a CD. In order to backup my CDs and create files for my Archos in one action.

And, if it is possible, how do i get the WavPack files to come with a APEv2 tag and the MP3s with a ID3v2.

And I'm sorry for my disastrous english

Reply #1
You can use REACT, it should include a such profile.
You can find more informations in this thread.
WavPack 4.3 -mfx5
LAME 3.97 -V5 --vbr-new --athaa-sensitivity 1

Reply #2
Great. It works !!!

Only have to play around with the .ini file now ... that should be OK ...

Thanks for the quick answer ...

Reply #3
hi,
you can also go with mareo.
one i used to use. 
cu,
pipo.

Reply #4
well, I installed REACT and changed in .ini the config to WV_MP3. But it doesn't work, there's only my cuesheet with the wv, but mp3s are missing! Can't you give me an pre-configured .ini file for making image with wavpack and mp3 tracks for me as a dummy? -thanks
FB2K,APE&LAME

Reply #5
I used wack (version 0.46) at the time to rip MP3 (for my ipod) and wv files for my PC. some kind souls here (Synthetic Soul and the creator of Wack (I forget his name) weer very very helpful.

I can post my command lines here if they help.

I have about 600CDs and they fit into 55GB (for my Ipod). WavPack version took about 180GB.

There is significant difference in the sound quality of the wavpakc files and MP3 files as played back on my PC audio system. I figured on a higher quality audio system these difference might be even more pronounced. I have not compared my orignal CDs to WavPack.

I'm told they will have a 200GB Ipod out by 2009 so one can shift to using WavPack on Ipod then, No more MP3! :-) LOL. see here....http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=35772

Reply #6
well, I installed REACT and changed in .ini the config to WV_MP3. But it doesn't work, there's only my cuesheet with the wv, but mp3s are missing! Can't you give me an pre-configured .ini file for making image with wavpack and mp3 tracks for me as a dummy? -thanks
Check my post in the REACT thread.

Edit: Although REACT 2 has just been released, so you're best to use that.  I can't advise yet as I'm a noob myself now.
I'm on a horse.