Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Generating Discnumbers (Read 3112 times) previous topic - next topic

Generating Discnumbers

Hello

I'd like to generate %discnumber% for my collection, and I don't really want to do it manually... 

I don't know how to create a script which will operate as the auto track number, puting an increasing %discnumber% for a each %album%.

Thanks for your help.

Generating Discnumbers

Reply #1
Get all your single-disc albums in one playlist, get 2-disc in other, etc.
Then mass set discnumber tag in both playlist individually. )

Is that so hard to do manually? It will take you about 3-4 minutes i guess.

Generating Discnumbers

Reply #2
It's not hard, but I have more than 500 albums to tag so... I'm a bit lazy 
That's why I was looking for a script that put an increasing number at each new %album% tag

Generating Discnumbers

Reply #3
The disc number field is for storing the number of a particular album/disc as part of a set; this doesn't seem to be what you want to do. What are you wanting to use the field for? A "counter" of your albums? I don't mean anything but I don't understand your question.

Generating Discnumbers

Reply #4
I was completely mistaking about the use of %discnumber%, sorry.
I was looking for a counter, thinking that this field was a kind of an index, but it seems a bit irrelevant now.

Thanks for your help, sorry for the annoyance.

Generating Discnumbers

Reply #5
I'm not annoyed; I was just explaining what seems to be the common usage of the field. I'm sure you could use it for whatever purpose you want!

Generating Discnumbers

Reply #6
Huh, that's why you didn't want to do it manually )