Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dared MP5 USB amp + ASIO questions (Read 2252 times) previous topic - next topic

Dared MP5 USB amp + ASIO questions

Hi everyone and sorry if it is a newbie question and if it is not the right place to post it.

I just bought a small dared mp5 based on not-so-bad reviews
( http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equi...6/dared_mp5.htm )
to connect main pc (core2duo, 2go ram, xp)+music server (2TB raid5) on its usb port.

first the facts :
when you connect the usb, it is seen as "usb speakers"
then I installed asio4all and plugins (otochan's) for foobar2000 and winamp5.

on asio4all it sees the amp as "vendor onkyo" (usb audio) based on the fact that the dared mp5 has burr-brown DAC integrated. This DAC accepts 44.1 & 48 khz 16bit only.

the thing I want to do is listen to uncompress wav files 16bit 44.1 from eac ripped cds, some pcm 48khz files and web radios 16bit at 22khz. I would prefer to use winamp than foobar if there's no obvious playback difference. (I know, I know...)

My questions are :

-1) do we agree on the fact that if I use asio4all dll on winamp or foobar the output quality is the same on both or do I have to trick the prefs and is there still a listening quality difference between winamp and fb2k ?

-2) on winamp plugin only (asio4all thru otochan), I have the possibility to enable resampling to 44.1, which interest me a lot because on foobar I cannot listen to the 22khz webradios (it doesn't resample). My newbie question is n winamp asio prefs, if I leave that "on", does native 44.1k format is output directly without resampling or is there a 1:1 resampling ? (I used ultra quality setting), a difference ?

-3) sometimes asio4all puts red "beyond logic" warning on the usb audio device, then goes back to green when I exit winamp...any explanation ? I cannot find one.

thanks for all the help !

Eric