Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DTS filter? (Read 3601 times) previous topic - next topic

DTS filter?

Hi guys,

I'm still moving music from my CDs and DVDs to my laptop computer... I've been able to work with the AAC 5.1 using WMA10Pro (through AC3Filter) and stereo (AAC/DTS) using Lame MP3. 

But I'm stuck with the DTS 5.1 files... the only ways I've found to convert DTS to WMA implies to convert the DTS to 6 mono WAV files...

Problem is I'm not converting just "a few" files but many DVDs and DTS CDs, so that would be kind of... annoying... 

Oh, I also found DTS->AC3->WMA (http://www.schudy.de/dts/dts2ac3-e.htm), but I would say that it would mean loosing MORE quality, right? 

Do you know if there is some filter I can use with WMEncoder or something, like I can do with the .ac3 file? I tried using the DTS option of AC3Filter but it seems is not "compatible". Maybe is HOW the .DTS file should be extracted from the DVD/CD-DTS?

Any tip will gonna be appreciated! 

DTS filter?

Reply #1
Do you want to leave 5.1 sound from your DTS files or convert them to stereo, I don't understand.

DTS filter?

Reply #2
My apologies if I wasn't very clear...

I just want to leave them on 5.1 sound.
But being able to encode them using WME.