Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Title formatting: Show artist if different from album artist (Read 2138 times) previous topic - next topic

Title formatting: Show artist if different from album artist

I was simply wondering:
is there a string one could use in order to tell foobar 'if artist is different to album artist, put artist here'?

For anybody who would like to know context, I've been moving all of my files using file operations -> move, rename, etc. and I realised it'd help me to no end if I could keep my current string (album artist\year - album [label]\d# t# - Title) but for compilations or splits have the artist name before the title. Given the quantity of music I'll be moving, it'd be impossible for me to move some things by different strings to others, so if I could do this, I could do it all in one sweep.
Thanks for reading this, and I hope there isn't something stupid I've done or something annoying!

Reply #1
Use [%track artist% - ]%title%.

Please refer to the included titleformat_help.html (accessible via Preferences, Display, Title Formatting, Help) to see how it's defined.

Reply #2
Try %track artist%, it does exactly what you are asking for. I'll assume the filename part of your naming scheme looks like this now:
Code: [Select]
%discnumber% %tracknumber% - %title%

Then you would change it to this:
Code: [Select]
%discnumber% %tracknumber% [%track artist% ]-%title%

Reply #3
Of course! I can't think of why I didn't think of that. Thanks for all your help, though!