Skip to main content

Topic: How do I create a CD image or .cue from WAV files? (Read 10367 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I create a CD image or .cue from WAV files?
Is there any software that will create a disc image from multiple WAV files.

I want to be able to create a mountable image from WAV files: ideally I'd like to convert the multiple WAV files into a single WAV file, and a cue sheet, but I'd be happy just to be able to automatically generate a cue sheet from a folder of WAV's.

I have quite a lot of folders of unnamed (e.g. "Track 01"; "Track 02"; etc.) WAV files, and it would be very handy to mount them as images, so that they're recognised by iTunes.

The nearest I've managed is to have create a compilation using Nero, and removing the between song pauses, although this is quite convoluted, and results in a file in the proprietary .nrg format, which is less than ideal.

Thanks.

• Synthetic Soul
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #1
You could use foobar with foo_cuesheetcreator to create a cuesheet from a load of WAVE files.

Edit: If you'd actually prefer to merge the files as well, then foobar's built in Converter will do that.

There's also my cuemake, which is a .NET command line app (which I don't use), or shntool (a good command line app) would no doubt do it.
  • Last Edit: 22 July, 2006, 02:24:04 PM by Synthetic Soul
I'm on a horse.

• rotzbouw
  • [*]
Reply #2
Mh, exact same problem here.
I've got a self-made compilation and want to 'merge' the files and use chapters with a cuesheet. Maybe I'm a bit naive, but it sounded so easy.
When choosing 'convert' and then the cuesheet part of it, nothing happens except that all files are re-encoded and copied into one directory. No cuesheet, nothing. I hope I'm just being stupid because I'd really love to share my playlists in one file which could be browsed by chapters or something..

thanks

• ffooky
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
As long as your files are numbered so that they sort correctly:
Code: [Select]
$ shntool cue *.wav

and then:
$ shntool join *.wav

You'll need to rename your big WAV and its corresponding reference in the CUE file and the individual WAV filenames will be lost and replaced by Track 01 etc.
  • Last Edit: 22 July, 2006, 06:49:40 PM by ffooky

Reply #4
Thank you. I'll try this when I get a moment.

• ffooky
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Sorry, it would probably be easier to make the CUE creation command:
$ shntool cue *.wav > foo.cue

which will give you a CUE file in the working directory rather than requiring you to copy/paste one.