Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug? (Read 4143 times) previous topic - next topic

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

I'm sure I was using the wrong syntax, but nonetheless...

I was trying to encode Unfoolish by Ashanti, I already had it in wav so on the prompt I typed , "F:\Lametests\Lame.exe -vbr-196 unfoolish.wav -" After I pushed enter my screen filled with jibberish and cycled until I ended the lame process. Is the only way to avoid this just to never type it? or is it something that can be corrected in the program itself?

*edit* changing the dash to unfoolish.mp3 and leaving the rest of the line alone everything works perfectly... *edit*
r3mix zealot.

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #1

I was trying to encode Unfoolish by Ashanti, I already had it in wav so on the prompt I typed , "F:\Lametests\Lame.exe -vbr-196 unfoolish.wav -" After I pushed enter my screen filled with jibberish and cycled until I ended the lame process. Is the only way to avoid this just to never type it? or is it something that can be corrected in the program itself?

Where did you get Lame 3.94 alpha 4 ??? CVS version is now same as release version 3.93.1...i'm only know 3.94 alpha 1...I'm get it from CVS 25-30.11.2002 before developers changed version.h to 3.93 again (01.12.2002)
My sound hardware: Creative's Audigy 2 ;)
My music encodings: Nero AAC Codec 2.6.2.0 Profiles:Transparent,Extreme

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #2
I asked for it here and someone gave me a link and I downloaded it. Give me a few moments and I will find it again.
*edit* In this thread : http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....5&t=4539&hl=394

and here is the link available courtesy john33 : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jfe1205/lame3.94a4.zip

TaDa! I do wonder if there is a newer version...
*edit*
r3mix zealot.

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #3
@WEST

you'll have to check out the "takehiro-stable_2002_10_15" branch

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #4

the final "-" in your command line tells LAME to direct the output to stdout. what do you want to achieve with "-vbr-196" ? you mean "--abr 196" ?

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #5
Heh... I meant absolutely nothing by it... I KNOW that I was using the wrong syntax... Its just that even though it was wrong it really shouldn't work. Should it?
r3mix zealot.

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #6
well, LAME interprets "-vbr-196" as a single "-v" command. So the command line parser isn't fool proof, you may call it a bug if you like.

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #7
and -v is meant to output pure gibberish to the screen?
r3mix zealot.

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #8
no, the final "-" in your command line puts the mp3 to screen.
see for details
Code: [Select]
lame --help

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #9
lol, only now I realize that myme is AFTER ALL Robert Hegemann.. 

Damn, Robert, I thought I said to you at #pm that someone registered at HA as myme, and I somehow got the impression from you that the myme at HA is not you, so I didn't check until now! 

Well, now you have 2 accounts here, did you lost the password of the other account or what happened? 
Juha Laaksonheimo

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #10
ah I was unclear on that... I had seen the explanation, but only quickly when I skimmed the file. Excuse my stupidity.
r3mix zealot.

lame v 3.94 alpha4 bug?

Reply #11
lol, only now I realize that myme is AFTER ALL Robert Hegemann..  

Damn, Robert, I thought I said to you at #pm that someone registered at HA as myme, and I somehow got the impression from you that the myme at HA is not you, so I didn't check until now!

This is what I thought also, especially given some of his comments made about how I didn't ask for help from the LAME developers or something like that.  He is one of the ones that I had brought many of the issues to, asking for help in getting them fixed!

Well, now you have 2 accounts here, did you lost the password of the other account or what happened?  :P

Eh... well there is a password recovery option so I don't see how this could be a problem really..