Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where is Plextools? (Read 2704 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is Plextools?

It wasn't on the CD that came with the PX-230A (purchased here).

I looked at plextor.com & it seems there is no free version. Is that true? Am I just out of luck? That would really suck cause plextools was one of the main reasons I held in interest in the 'plextor' brand.

I'm currently downloading this version but am afraid it might just be a trial version.

Where is Plextools?

Reply #1
http://www.plextools.com/download/download.asp

Scroll to the bottom. However, that is only an update and IIRC, you need to have Plextools already installed for it to work. However, there is a trick you can do by adding a special value inside your Windows registry.

Anyways, what should Plextools be good for with the PX-230A? AFAIK, that unit is not really a Plextor but a BenQ or something. At least it does no quality checking (C1/C2, Beta/Jitter and FE/TE scans are not possible), burning can be done using Nero and ripping - I am not sure how secure it is because Plextools relies on good C2 error reporting capabilities. Overreading the 700-something samples offset into the lead-out is also not possible.