Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Find out which CDs contain a given song (Read 14653 times) previous topic - next topic

Find out which CDs contain a given song

Hey guys, I am wondering if you know a tool or website where I can enter the name of a song and the respective artist and find on which CDs (albums) the song is contained.

Reply #3
Thanks!

Now something else (I doubt this exists): do you know a website where I can enter a bunch of tracks and the program returns a list of albums containing all given tracks?
For example, I enter "Pink Floyd - Hey You", "Pink Floyd - Sorrow" and "Pink Floyd - Time". As result, the program can deliver "Echoes" (3) or "Delicate Sound of Thunder" (2) + "The Wall" (1) or "A Momentary Lapse Of Reasons" (1) + "The Wall" (1) + "The Dark Side of the Moon" (1), the number inside the paranthesis denoting the number of wanted tracks available on the respective album.

Edit: If not, maybe I can communicate with one of the mentioned sites via SOAP and build a list myself (query on a per-track basis and store the albums and after that count the album occurrences).

Reply #4
Thanks!

Now something else (I doubt this exists): do you know a website where I can enter a bunch of tracks and the program returns a list of albums containing all given tracks?
For example, I enter "Pink Floyd - Hey You", "Pink Floyd - Sorrow" and "Pink Floyd - Time". As result, the program can deliver "Echoes" (3) or "Delicate Sound of Thunder" (2) + "The Wall" (1) or "A Momentary Lapse Of Reasons" (1) + "The Wall" (1) + "The Dark Side of the Moon" (1), the number inside the paranthesis denoting the number of wanted tracks available on the respective album.

Edit: If not, maybe I can communicate with one of the mentioned sites via SOAP and build a list myself (query on a per-track basis and store the albums and after that count the album occurrences).

Ah, I went through something like this trying to obtain numerous 70s/80s hits for use at a wedding reception. I tried to find CD compilations that had as many 'wanted' tracks on it as possible, to save me money and time.  What I ended up doing was  using allmusic.com's search function, which ultimately returns a list of all CDs containing a song you input (you have to first make sure you've picked the right version of the song you're looking for).  I did searches for all the songs I needed, then imported the results into Excel, and sorted by CD title, to identify CDs that had more than one of my wanted tracks.  The rate limiter of course was gathering all the searches, one at a time.

Reply #6
i think freedb.org is just fine