Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Logitech G15 LCD Display Component (Read 187493 times) previous topic - next topic

Logitech G15 LCD Display Component

Reply #25
the G15 has a nasty habit of keys just not respoding after a few months use.

the w and s keys on mine have gone wonky on me.

Its not really a good keyboard for serious gaming - yer basically paying for a back-light and a LCD screen with a dud keyboard.

Im half-tempted to yank the LCD screen off and just use that. Cept its also a bitch to take apart.

Reply #26
hmm maybe you should of told me this ealier

dangit i still start typing lightly..

Reply #27
Update today. No Spectrum Analyzer quite yet, but do have some other features that were requested.

Update 07-31-2006 (Version 0.3a)
- Added Option To Countdown Track Length
- Added Option To Customize Tracking Timing Displays
- Added Option To Bring foo_g15lcd To Top LCD Priority For A Specified Amount Of Time (between 1 and 30 seconds)
- Added Dynamic Track Information Updating (especially useful for showing updated tags on Streaming songs and VBR MP3s).
- Corrected Minor Progress Bar Glitch When Switching Tracks

Download:
Component Version 0.3a
Source for Version 0.3a

Reply #28
great work ethanger.. no crashes so far and im using it with the latest 0.9.3.4.

I like the properties windows additions... keep up the good work

Reply #29
Thanks for your work!

But, still there is something...

The app comes to foreground if one track ends and the next starts. But if I switch to the next track before it is finished, it doesn't come to foreground.
It would be cool if it notified me about trackchange in case of manual track chenge, too.

Reply #30
Thanks for your work!

But, still there is something...

The app comes to foreground if one track ends and the next starts. But if I switch to the next track before it is finished, it doesn't come to foreground.
It would be cool if it notified me about trackchange in case of manual track chenge, too.

Actually, it shouldn't matter if you change the track or if the track ends naturally. However, I have found a couple of issues while trying to reproduce your problem. It seems like the priority setting has some intermittent issues right now. It seems like it has to do with how Logitech handles the priority and not with an actual bug with the way I'm calling it. If you pound down on the skip tracks, it will tend to ignore my priority calls. It is like some sort of built-in safeguard against applications having high priority for too long. I'm trying to form a workaround right now. I did, however, leave out priority updating on track changes on streaming stations (dynamic track updates as it were) and will have that added in. As soon as I can fix this little priority issue, I'll release a 0.3b for you all.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Reply #31
Is it possible to enable diNovo keyboards support?

Reply #32
Thank you for this plugin, i love it.

I hope you can get the spectrum analyzer going soon, that's going to be way way cool.

Reply #33
Is it just me or do the media keys not work while foobar is not the focused item on the screen?

Reply #35
I got this program awhile back and am still trying to learn a few things.  Anyone know how to make it so that I can go to next/last and pause track while in another program or game.  I have yet to be able to do this with my G15 and its quite upsetting.  Also a way to change the volume directly from the G15 so that it only affects Foobars lvls.

Reply #36
Fantastic! I only just discovered this component right now. Many thanks , it works great!

Reply #38
Hey can u fix the download link. As it seems to be dead.

Reply #39
Is it somehow possible to use the G15 media keys when Foobar is in system tray? What about while playing or using other programs, can I change the track using G15 keys?

Reply #40
Is it somehow possible to use the G15 media keys when Foobar is in system tray? What about while playing or using other programs, can I change the track using G15 keys?

In foobar option go to Keyboard shortcuts. Add the MM buttons play/pause next previous stop and check the "Make global" box and you can use the buttons anywhere.

@Ethangar
I like your plugin. I am using the new Logitech Z-10 speakers that has the LCD built in and this works flawlessly. My only question is that instead of 3 lines display can you make it configurable to use 2 lines or even 1 line? I mainly play chinese music and the 3 lines display simply can't display the Chinese characters clearly. I have to use version 0.1a to get 2 lines display. Thanks!

Reply #41
In foobar option go to Keyboard shortcuts. Add the MM buttons play/pause next previous stop and check the "Make global" box and you can use the buttons anywhere.

Hi. I'm also wondering how to make the media keys work when foobar is minimized. I'm using foobar 0.9.4.1 and i can't seem to find the MM keys in the keyboard shortcuts preferences.  So... what should i do to make it work ? >.<

Reply #43
How come it doesnt focus automattically when i switch a song using the media keys (configured as global keys)?
My g15 rotates thru the applets, and when i normally press next when using winamp, it gets focused on the lcd.

Regards,

Dennis

Reply #44
How can I change tracks or foobar volume when  I'm playing for example Battlefield 2? When playing, the volume controller turns controlling the system volume instead of foobar volume. And the media keys don't answer at all.

Reply #45
How can I change tracks or foobar volume when  I'm playing for example Battlefield 2? When playing, the volume controller turns controlling the system volume instead of foobar volume. And the media keys don't answer at all.

Do you have the multimedia keys set as a Global keyboard shortcut?

Reply #46

Another Thing is, the Volume Wheel on the G15 always controls the system volume never the volume of a particular application.

Reply #47
Yes, i have set em global hotkeys.

And on desktop, the volume wheel controls the foobar volume.

Reply #48
Yes, i have set em global hotkeys.

And on desktop, the volume wheel controls the foobar volume.

Open Keyboard shortcuts, then Add New shortcut, set Action = Volume up, set Global flag.
After, set cursor to Key field and, holding shift key(for example) turn your wheel clockwise.

note: afaik, you cannot override default windows binding to system volume control, so use modifiers(shift, ctrl, etc)

Reply #49
Minor bugs
  • Display info at track change for a short period of time
    For example, an option "Increase LCD priority on song change" is set to 7 seconds.
    Step 1: change song;
    Step 2: wait about 4 seconds;
    Step 3: change song again.
    Result: after step 3 foobar info on LCD display will disappear in 3 seconds.
    Must be: priority raise period must be reset on each song change.
  • Song scrolling
    Scrolling long song name(that doesn't fit) on LCD.
    When scroll cycle reaches end of title(or whatever string it displays) it continuous from the beginning of the string without stops and other 'signs'. It results in misunderstanding where the title actually starts and where it ends.
    Therefore, when string reaches its end, must be(choose one best):
    [blockquote]
    • Make a short delay(500-1000 ms) and reset state of string state like at song change. Then, cycle.
    • Make a short delay and turn string backward. Like in Winamp, afair.
    • Make a bit bigger distance between END and next START.
    [/blockquote]

and... me sorry for english. i've almost eaten that Collin's dic at school, huh...