Skip to main content

Topic: Monkey removing tags (Read 4162 times) previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
  • lllusion
  • [*]
Monkey removing tags
Monkey is removing all tags.
This occurs with compression from .wav to .ape or .mp3. It also occurs with conversion from .ape to .mp3.

How can I get monkey to retain all the tags?

  • Synthetic Soul
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Monkey removing tags
Reply #1
Have you tagged your WAVE files with APEv2?  This is not usual practise, and it's not surprising that an application would just ignore them.

I expect that foobar 0.83 would let you do what you want, but I doubt 0.9 will, as it adheres to standards more strictly.
I'm on a horse.

  • lllusion
  • [*]
Monkey removing tags
Reply #2
Have you tagged your WAVE files with APEv2?  This is not usual practise, and it's not surprising that an application would just ignore them.

I expect that foobar 0.83 would let you do what you want, but I doubt 0.9 will, as it adheres to standards more strictly.

The tags on the .WAVs were created by EAC&LAME. However, the problem is definately with Monkey since any combination of compression or conversion using Monkey strips the tags--any version of tag, and all information. My solution for getting the tags back is to use foobar--v0.92 works just fine. But I don't want to have to copy tag info back to the .APEs after their creation.

  • krmathis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Monkey removing tags
Reply #3
The tags on the .WAVs were created by EAC&LAME.

I did not know you could use LAME to tag Wave files. 

  • lllusion
  • [*]
Monkey removing tags
Reply #4
The tags on the .WAVs were created by EAC&LAME.

I did not know you could use LAME to tag Wave files. 

Uh, er... (backstep) tags on .mp3s.
... Anyway, problem still exists: tags on .APEs get stripped when converting to .MP3 using Monkey.

  • Synthetic Soul
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Monkey removing tags
Reply #5
You are confused.  At least we got there in the end.

Monkey's Audio GUI is a simple converter.  To retain tags when transcoding use foobar or dbPowerAmp.
I'm on a horse.