Skip to main content

Topic: Adding a seektable to FLAC files (Read 7158 times) previous topic - next topic

• jarvolt
  • [*]
Adding a seektable to FLAC files
I've been using Foobar2000 to encode stuff to FLAC files for awhile, but a seektable isn't created, meaning I can't FF and RW in Rockbox. How do I batch edit a bunch of FLAC files and give them a seek table? I've tried using metaflac.exe in the command prompt but was not so successful. Is there a way I can edit in a seek table and set an interval *easily* without re-encoding?

• Freaky
  • [*]
  • Members (Donating)
Reply #1
A quick glance at the metaflac manpage suggests:

Code: [Select]
metaflac --add-seekpoint=10s bla.flac

You should be able to use a wildcard (i.e. *.flac) to process multiple files.

• jarvolt
  • [*]
Reply #2
Using a wildcard doesn't seem to do it. I have to manually type in the filenames for it to work. There must be some other way.

• madxcream
  • [*][*]
Reply #3
Using a wildcard doesn't seem to do it. I have to manually type in the filenames for it to work. There must be some other way.

Look for the file glob.exe. I know it comes with REACT in the encoders folder. It will use wildcards for you. So using glob.exe would be something like this:

Glob.exe -v -c metaflac.exe --add-seekpoint=10s *.flac

I've used this same procedure to add album replaygain. Let me know if it works for you.

• jarvolt
  • [*]
Reply #4
Ah, I should have mentioned that I was using Windows; I thought the fact that I was using Foobar gave it away (glob is a Linux command, is it not?). In the end I just took an m3u playlist I created, modified it to add "metaflac --add-seekpoint=5s" before every file name, and made it a batch file. I found the suggestion on the Rockbox forum after some digging; in the end I wondered why I didn't think of it myself.

• madxcream
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
no, the glob.exe I'm talking about is a windows exec file. Glad you found a way to do it though.

Reply #6
for %%f in (*.flac) do (metaflac.exe --add-seekpoint=10s "%%f")

FYI. Copy this command to a newly created simple empty txt file in the actual folder, then rename it to "something.cmd". That's the way to do.
  • Last Edit: 08 December, 2006, 02:59:48 AM by WhiteHorses

• greynol
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7
...and if you want to handle multiple folders, use the for /r command.

http://www.ss64.com/nt/for_r.html
13 February 2016: The world was blessed with the passing of a truly vile and wretched person.

Your eyes cannot hear.

• pepoluan
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
for %%f in (*.flac) do (metaflac.exe --add-seekpoint=10s "%%f")
Use single % sign and you can use that on the command line.
Nobody is Perfect.
I am Nobody.

http://pandu.poluan.info