Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Edit your title in the forum (Read 2613 times) previous topic - next topic

Edit your title in the forum

Hi,

In this forum, you can't edit the title of your topic, I personally think that it's quite annoying as some titles do not reflect any longer their content after 2X or more pages of discussion, especially in the 3rd party plugins for foobar2000 forum.

For example for playlist tree:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=29435

There is "still very experimental (beta stage)" which is no longer true.

Moreover, it would be easier for users to change their titles themselves if they violate TOS 6 and are told to violate this rule. (And it would soften a bit the moderator's tasks)

If editing the title is "too much" give the ability to change the" topic description" would be enough for me .

For example, I have written a manual about foobar 2000 and changing the topic description would tell to users what is new without having to read the last post.

I don't know if it is linked to the forum or if it was locked by admins.

If it was locked, could you give the reasons of this decision (don't mean to offense anyone , just curiosity to know why )

(I didn't find any topic where this issue was raised)

Regards.

Bachi-Bouzouk

Edit your title in the forum

Reply #1
agree.