Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to add a rating tag to *.cue file? (Read 5401 times) previous topic - next topic

How to add a rating tag to *.cue file?

I use the %rating% tag to rate my music

But some of my music is load from a CUE file.

The problem is I can't add the RATING tag to the CUE file.

I have searched the problem in the forum but seems no solution is proposed.(using +cue +rating)

Anyone has an idea about this problem?

Thank you for reading and, Sorry for my poor English...

Reply #1
Rating is not part of the CUE standard. So you can not add that to a cue file directly.

One option you would have is to use a format that supports embedded cue sheets in fb2k such as wavpack, Monkey's Audio or mp3 wrapped in mp4 and add the cue sheet internally. The you will be able to add certain tags track specific.

Reply #2
Rating is not part of the CUE standard. So you can not add that to a cue file directly.

One option you would have is to use a format that supports embedded cue sheets in fb2k such as wavpack, Monkey's Audio or mp3 wrapped in mp4 and add the cue sheet internally. The you will be able to add certain tags track specific.

Hi picmixer,
I've got this problem too, and a solution interrests me.
But I don't really understand what you mean. My lifes are in monkey format (1 file in .ape and 1 in .cue), and it does'nt work.
So what is your solution ?

Reply #3
Instead of using a cuesheet, add a tag to your .ape file, called CUESHEET, and paste the contents of the cuesheet into that tag. The .cue file can then be deleted, although I keep mine for backup purposes (incase my tags are somehow erased accidentally.)

Reply #4
Instead of using a cuesheet, add a tag to your .ape file, called CUESHEET, and paste the contents of the cuesheet into that tag. The .cue file can then be deleted, although I keep mine for backup purposes (incase my tags are somehow erased accidentally.)

Actually in 0.9 this should be done vie the import cuesheet function and not through adding a tag. "Right click the file --> utils --> edit cuesheet.

Currently this is supported for FLAC, wavpack, Monkey's Audio and mp4.

Reply #5
Thank you all!
It works now!!
Many Thanks!!!:)

Reply #6
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but it describes exactly what I want to do.

The problem is that I'm totally new to fb2k and its configurability quite overburdens me.
I understood that it seems not to be possible for cuesheets with mp3 files, but probably for mp4 or flac files. So I converted an mp3 file to flac and tried to import my cuesheet via right-click -> utils -> edit cuesheet but nothing happend after adding it.

Could someone of you please post which steps I exactly need to do even a newbie like me could understand?

Regards,

slyght

Reply #7
No need to convert to flac. You could try this component: foo_cuesheet_creator.
Make sure the the path of .cue files are the same as the original ones, or the .cue files can't be added to playlist and played.

Reply #8
No need to convert to flac. You could try this component: foo_cuesheet_creator.
Make sure the the path of .cue files are the same as the original ones, or the .cue files can't be added to playlist and played.

Well, actually using cuesheets for mp3 files already works without this plugin.
When I add the cuesheet to the playlist, fb2k automatically converts it into single tracks.
What I would like to have, is the possibility to add ratings to these tracks. How can I do this? Is there some keyword like %rating%? If so, how can it be modified?

Reply #9
Workaround. Embed mp3+cue into matroska container, use foo_input_matroska for playback and tag everything you want for the greater good.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

Reply #10
I am having this same problem, and i don't understand why aren't non standard tag values just written like Replaygain is.

Just use "REM RATING 4" for example for each track, and have foorbar read it.
Is there any problem with this that i am not seeing?

EDIT : Just made a quick fix for this. In the masstagger script, i made it write the rating to both the RATING and the ISRC fields. While the first is ignored, the latter one is accepted in CUE files, and personally will never be used. A quick adjustment to the columns settings and its done.
There's the inconvenience of also writing the ISRC field to mp3 files, but it does the job for me, so i really don't care.

Reply #11
I am having this same problem, and i don't understand why aren't non standard tag values just written like Replaygain is.

Just use "REM RATING 4" for example for each track, and have foorbar read it.
Is there any problem with this that i am not seeing?
Yes. Give the forums search function a try. The developer chose such a strict parser. People around him give arguments which are all about standard compliancy and user education. I have always doubted refusing to work at all without technical need is the way to go.
Yes, replaygain. Big companies could say: "well, what's rg, a pseudo standard of a couple of geeks, let's refuse to play files with such headers..."

Workaround. Embed mp3+cue into matroska container
How? (I'm new to this)