Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagger Beta 1.2 (Read 4081 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagger Beta 1.2

Here is my next Version.
http://www.tagger.de.vu/
New:

-Savemode uses the --tofile feature from Tag. There won't be any failures caused by the readout from the console anymore.
-The Gridmode also uses the --tofile option. The information is clearly arranged, but it's slow.
-Now it's possible to add subfolders to filelist.
-Minimode for users with small monitors.

Don't forget that Tagger is just a frontend for Tag. You have got to put Tag in the same directory as Tagger.
Direct link:Tagger beta 1.2

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #1
thanks for the update

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #2
thanks for the update

Indeed!

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #3
Great work, really ! But why are there always appearing mistakes when I try to tag mpc's with the german "umlaute". For example....
"Herbert Groenemeyer - Was soll das" (sorry, i'm in a foreign country at the moment, so I can't produce these umlaute at the moment)
becomes
"Herbert Gr¨^nemeyer - Was soll das"
Is it a problem of my OS (WinXP+SP1) (a wrong "code-page" - and can someone explain me, what a "code-page" is and where to set it in my OS???).

???
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #4
Böreck, is there any chance to implement capability to accept also tag.exe located in %PATH%? And/or to remember last opened dir?

Is it a problem of my OS (WinXP+SP1)

Was soll das bedeuten... XP ist Spitze. (jus kiddin')
Have you tried to play with Regional Settings, if system already set with German, maybe changing language for non-unicode apps could help ('Advanced' tab).

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #5
@ R.A.F. : I wrote you a PM (in german) 

@ ak: Yes I can implant support for Tag.exe in a custom directory. Coming on my todo-list. But what do you mean with remember last openend dir? Do you mean last dir of Tag.exe?

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #6
But what do you mean with remember last openend dir?

I meant last directory selected through systemtree.
Say if I have my music somewhere deep in tree, then I had not to navigate to it every time

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #7
That's possible, but it is not very easy to code. Also coming on my todo-list  .

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #8
Great work, really ! But why are there always appearing mistakes when I try to tag mpc's with the german "umlaute". For example....
"Herbert Groenemeyer - Was soll das" (sorry, i'm in a foreign country at the moment, so I can't produce these umlaute at the moment)
becomes

How do you mean, what program do you use to check the tags to know they are wrong?
Winamp3 by default doesn't install internationalization component and it's unable to decode UTF-8 coded tags, this gives the problem you describe. If it's something else, give more info.

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #9
@ Case: No, I don't use WinAmp 3.0 at all. I still use WinAmp V2.78 (German Edition). And the tags are there shown wrong. But meanwhile I suppose it has to do something with my OS, but can't check it, as I am on holidays in a foreign country at the moment. But when I'm back in about 2 weeks, I will give you more info about that theme. It seems, that I'm the only one, who experiences that problems. Maybe it's also because I did install different "keyboard-settings", to which I can switch rapidly (like english, espanol and german). Could this maybe be the cause?
I tell you more in a few hours (the things, which i have written to Boereck), Case, as I am in a real hurry now....

- R.A.F. -
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Tagger Beta 1.2

Reply #10
That's possible, but it is not very easy to code. Also coming on my todo-list

If you would actually talk to me sometimes again, B., I'd be glad to be of assistance. 
[span style=\'font-family:Courier\']I'm a fool. Ignore me. Thank you.[/span]