Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Alien cables (Read 7131 times) previous topic - next topic

Alien cables

Note : this topic is splitted from http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....opic=45432&st=0
-----------------------------

These results shouldn't surprise anyone.

Previous work, also documented on Hi-Fi Wigwam, has shown pretty unequivocally that most Audiophiles believe that the differences that they hear between cables are due directly to the malicious interventions of extra-terrestrial beings, known colloquially as "Cable Aliens."

Since most - or at least a significant number of - Audiophiles believe this, the usual Audiophile logic dictates that it must be true.

Given the proven existance of the Cable Aliens and their intervention in cable effects, it is not unreasonable to suppose that part of their normal experimentation on humanity involves inflicting different cable effects on each Audiophile - except of course during sighted demonstrations and testing at bake-offs, when all listeners will inevitably hear the same effects.

Of course after toying with the Audiophiles in this way for a while, the results of the experiment will need to be verified by the usual procedure of abducting the Audiophiles and sticking shiny probes up their bottoms.

Alien cables

Reply #1
...Previous work, also documented on Hi-Fi Wigwam, has shown pretty unequivocally that most Audiophiles believe that the differences that they hear between cables are due directly to the malicious interventions of extra-terrestrial beings, known colloquially as "Cable Aliens."...

IMHO posts like this don't contribute much to the mostly objective and constructive discussions on this forum, might even damage its credibility. I understand that it can be frustrating not being able to convince others of your opinions. Emotional behaviour however won't help and will only lead to more polarization.

Alien cables

Reply #2
...Previous work, also documented on Hi-Fi Wigwam, has shown pretty unequivocally that most Audiophiles believe that the differences that they hear between cables are due directly to the malicious interventions of extra-terrestrial beings, known colloquially as "Cable Aliens."...

IMHO posts like this don't contribute much to the mostly objective and constructive discussions on this forum, might even damage its credibility. I understand that it can be frustrating not being able to convince others of your opinions. Emotional behaviour however won't help and will only lead to more polarization.

But it's true!  There was a poll, and the majority of respondants agreed that aliens were responsible for differences in sound between cables.  Of course, a small number of responses had to be discarded because they were frivolous or wrong, but the result of the poll was unarguable.

In any case, you are pre-supposing that I don't believe there can be any differences between cables.  Not so: I'm pretty sure that I hear differences, I'm just not sure why.  I can't rule out aliens as the cause - can you?  Do you have access to secret files or classified information that suggests that the aliens are not interfering with our hearing?  In which case, exactly what are they up to?

Alien cables

Reply #4
Power cable real audible differences have not been proven true, but many power cable audible differences have been proven false.

Alien cables

Reply #5

I was the actual poll starter of the poll to which meninblack mentions.

It was a great poll. In fact, it was runner up in the prestigious UK poll of the year award. It has been widely accepted that my polls are some of the best polls seen in years.

What the poll showed was that people who believed cables sounded different were not able to say why and the most popular answer was, indeed, aliens.

Perhaps people think these are real aliens?

Or perhaps people subconciously answered aliens?

Perhaps because we make cables sound different with our minds and people who do not accept this tend to view their mind as being somehow alien?

My own view is that the aliens might well be real.

One poll respondent provided startling evidence to suggest that aliens are behind many of the phenomena that baffle science.

Alien cables

Reply #6
To quote Richard Feynman, reports of UFOs should be assumed to be "the result of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence rather than the unknown rational efforts of extraterrestrial intelligence."

Same with aliens or cables.

Alien cables

Reply #7
For those who don't read hifiwigwam, this was a poll asking people's opinion about cables. The alien choice was the usual no-opinion option.
The "evidence" was a humorous post.

But Kees is right. Let's remain focused on the initial topic.

Alien cables

Reply #8
To quote Richard Feynman, reports of UFOs should be assumed to be "the result of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence rather than the unknown rational efforts of extraterrestrial intelligence."

Same with aliens or cables.

Interesting. So, if I understand correctly, Feynman was saying aliens aren't from outer space, as such, but are angels?

I have heard that before. It's certainly possible that aliens are what are more commonly called angels. Beings from a different dimension, if not from a different galaxy!

Just a thought, but some people do say that aliens/angels introduced early man to metals, and it's worth noting that early man did see copper, silver etc. as being 'magical'.

So there is plenty we don't understand about metals such as copper and silver which might explain why cables might sound different.

Alien cables

Reply #9
it's worth noting that early man did see copper, silver etc. as being 'magical'.

So there is plenty we don't understand about metals such as copper and silver which might explain why cables might sound different.

Just take a look at the periodic table, Mr Clue.  If you study the electronic configuration of Silver, you will notice that (unlike Copper) it has its 2p, 3p and 4p orbitals all filled.

And how many electrons is that?  It's 6, 6 and once more 6.

That tells you everything you need to know about Silver, doesn't it? 

Alien cables

Reply #11
I think it's pretty well agreed by most that aliens must exist. In the US, I think 60% of people said they thought they did.

I just can't see how early man could build pyramids, for example, without some kind of help from our 'non-human cousins', so to speak.

It's also amazing that early man knew that metals such as gold and silver were precious. Why didn't they worship stone instead of gold? Or tin?

Again, highly possible that someone (or something) provided the information to early man.

Alien cables

Reply #13
Did you know that before Roswell there were no such things as audiophile cables?

Not a coincidence, IMO.

Alien cables

Reply #15
Well, it's interesting to note that as the late 20th Century saw an explosion in technology, so we saw an explosion in interest in aliens and spirituality.

There certainly seems to be a link.

You'd have thought that as we became more technologically advanced, so we would become much less likely to believe in aliens and such like. In fact, we have become much more likely.

Again, makes you wonder whether the great technological advances witnessed in recent decades might not have been achieved with a little assistance from our 'non-human cousins'!

I have read quite a bit about how NASA used extraterrestrial technology to enable mankind to go to the moon!

Once you get into this, then cables sounding different isn't quite the mystery that some would like us to think!

PS I for one am glad that I have my great sounding silver cables - remind me to thank the next UFO I see! 

Alien cables

Reply #16
The occurrence of two things at the same time is not proof of any connection between these two events.  Kafka wrote of a dog peeing against a tree in his back yard.  Just then someone threw a bone over the fence.  The dog thought there was a connection between his peeing against the tree and the bone coming over the fence.  There was no connection.

The same with your argument about a connection between technology and spiritual beliefs.  Which is to say a connection between the rational and the irrational.  There is no connection despite the fact they occurred simoultaneously. 
Nov schmoz kapop.

Alien cables

Reply #17
During World War 2, the Germans were working on anti-gravity technology at a secret location in Poland. A document shows that one scientist believed they had created an anti-gravity machine. This technology was taken to the US after the war. For example, see this link However, page 2 of this link is government disinformation designed to stop you knowing the truth.

I have heard that NASA has flown anti-gravity craft to Mars.

Also, the German SS was designed as an occult order. All of its insignia was occultic in nature and the SS command certainly reckoned they were in contact with non-human intelligence.

The post World War 2 technology explosion is directly linked to this.

Considering that this is all well documented, things like cables sounding different shouldn't suprise us. We don't know as much as we'd like to think! Though some people know much more than we'd like to think!

Alien cables

Reply #18
/me thinks notaclue is having a lot of fun with all the people taking him seriously.
"We cannot win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win."