Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7 (Read 931176 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #676
For the past week I haven't gotten a handshake anymore, cache currently at nearly 300 tracks.

I'm inside China, so my guess is that the Great Firewall is somehow interfering, since I wasn't able to connect to other servers either since about that time.

Any suggestions on how to solve my scrobbling issue? Or could it be something else? Haven't changed any personal firewall settings.

Foobar v. 0.9.6.8
foo_audioscrobbler v. 1.4.2.

Thanks, guys and gals!

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #677
I'm in China and having similar problems getting the it to shake hands with the server...

Same version of f2k and foo_audioscrobbler...

Code: [Select]
Audioscrobbler: Connection error
Audioscrobbler: Waiting 120 seconds to retry.
Audioscrobbler: Waiting 240 seconds to retry.
Audioscrobbler: Waiting 480 seconds to retry.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #678
it seems to work with the last.fm scrobbler application, the downside being that you have yet another program running in the background...

Moderation: Removed unnecessary full quote of the preceding post.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #679
Audioscrobbler: Invalid data, received line length exceeds limit

help,pls

btw,i'm wine foobar in linux,this happened days ago,use to be fine,so i'm not sure if this has anything to do with wine

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #680
What version of Wine, foobar and audioscrobbler are you using? Have you update something lately?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #681
thanks for reply

when I discover this problem my foobar was 0.9.6.7 with audioscrobbler 1.4.1
then I update to 0.9.6.9 and 1.4.2 which are latest,same problem

wine is 1.1.30,I dont remember when is the last time I update wine,so not sure if this is caused by wine update

but according to my last.fm page,this problem start at 28 sep,that's the last time audioscrobbler works

and also,when I press the submit button on option page,the error message is "Audioscrobbler: Connection error",or if I just start playing,is shows Invalid data, received line length exceeds limit

maybe later I will try switch to windows with same version see what happen

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #682
ok I found a old version of audioscrobbler 1.3.16,it works fine now,but I still dont know how this broken at the first place,anyway I hope the next update will fix it

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #683
Thens text

Hm okej. Im using the latest development version of Wine (1.1.30). Im also using the latest version of this plugin and the latest version of foobar, no problem for me here. I got 1.4.1 of this plugin in a folder if you want a newer version of the plugin (to replace 1.3.16) Otherwise i dont think i can help you. :<

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #684
thanks,but 1.4.1 has the same problem,I'm gonna just wait for 1.4.3

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #685
Sorry if this has been asked before, but would it be possible for this plugin to allow us to tag tracks as "Loved Tracks" in last.fm?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #686
The plugin seems to be working fine for me. Great stuff!

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #687
I'm in China and having similar problems getting the it to shake hands with the server...

Same version of f2k and foo_audioscrobbler...

Audioscrobbler: Waiting 120 seconds to retry.
Audioscrobbler: Waiting 240 seconds to retry.
Audioscrobbler: Waiting 480 seconds to retry.

same situation, same problem here.
the gfw of china ftw(?)

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #688
I would usually be the first to say "probably, yes", but if the Last.fm plugin is working... Also, I've tried having it connect while I'm working through a proxy, and it still won't connect.

147 tracks since the last time I was able to submit...

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #689
Went back to 1.3.16 and now it is working... took three or four attempts, but hands were shaken...

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #690
In case of such problems, you might as well use something like Wireshark and see what's the difference during the connection process of foo_audioscrobbler and the official last.fm client, if the TCP connection is made to the same server and just really times out (and it's only a matter of coincidence) or there is some problem in the client.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #691
@Yirkha:
This problem happens on both freedb and foo_audioscrobbler, which I believe that ISP (or GFW) block something, because it didn't happen before.

You can see we would receive a packet which RST flag is set.

However, using old foo_audioscrobbler (1.3.16), which didn't using fb2k built-in network moudle, it works OK:

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #692
Interesting. What is the timing, RST comes after the request is sent? Well the fb2k HTTP reader always sends "Accept: */*" and "Icy-MetaData:1" headers, that's the only difference I can think of, maybe some transparent proxy in the middle barfs on that?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #693
@Yirkha:
RST comes after 10~30 ms, and I've tried using socket to send fake requests with "Accept" and "Icy-MetaData" headers to but the RSTs didn't come, weird.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #694
Weird indeed. Did you do it even with the missing space after colon in the "Icy-MetaData" case? Or why Wireshark marked the request as a "reassembled PDU" during the failed attempt, was it fragmented over more than one packet or something? I can't experiment with that here, but there must be some reproducible fatal difference between those two tries.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #695
I'm suddenly just getting:
Audioscrobbler: Invalid data, received line length exceeds limit

with 1.4.2. The songs are added to cached tracks now, but they don't submit.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #696
same problem here

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #697
I just submitted a song no problem.  It was probably a server problem.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #698
I've been having connectivity issues lately too.
First, I've always had the problem where if I lost connectivity while Foobar was open, it would stop scrobbling and queue the tracks. I would need to restart Foobar and click submit. This is annoying, but workable.

In the last few days though, it again stopped scrobbling, restarting Foobar, and clicking submit ONLY submits 10 Tracks! I have no idea why. Playing more songs will not scrobble them automatically, but queue them. Clicking on submit doesn't work/
Restarting Foobar and clicking submit will again only submit 10 tracks.

Anyone else have this problem?
I'm using Foobar 0.9.6.9 with audioscrobbler 1.4.2

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #699
Not sure if its already been mentioned, but the ability to scrobble after a certain percentage of the track would be nice. The Last.fm allows for 50% - 100% track scrobbling.