Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 659280 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #50
Version 0.8 is out ... with Tagz presets now. Download from first post.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #51
Thanks for your work on this Nemo, it is one of those plugins which is really necessary for a large media library. Can't wait for a 0.9 port

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #52
Version 0.9 is out ..... download from first post.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #53
The icon looks somehow strange to me, even changing it does not solve the issue.
+ the search focus is not in the vertical center (to be strict, although that's just a tiny problem)

edit: XP Prof. SP2

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #54
Yay, 0.9 support is certainly getting closer.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #55
The icon looks somehow strange to me, even changing it does not solve the issue.

Looks strange .... thanks for reporting.
what is your system? [if W2K, you may need gdiplus.dll in your foobar folder]
Do you see the icons int the prefs page?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #56
I'm also having a problem with the update. I can see the icons ( + sign, folder, arrows etc) in the prefrences, but not on the toolbar.

I am running WinXP SP2

EDIT:

Oh, new glitch:

I removed the bar, and than readded it. Now only half the icon shows up lol:

Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #57
Reproduced ... will fix as soon as i can.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #58
Is there any idea on when the .9 port will be ready?  In a week or so, perhaps?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #59
Reproduced ... will fix as soon as i can.

I get the same bug (XP SP2, foobar 0.8.3). I use only the undocked bar.
I also wonder why there is an unused space on the right of the bar. 
Also, could it be possible to resize the bar ? 

Anyway, thanks for this plugin and for maintaining it

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #60
Other bugs in preferences, the "add" and "change" buttons don't work

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #61
Other bugs in preferences, the "add" and "change" buttons don't work

They work for me  .

If you're wondering why they are 'greyed' out it's cause you have to actually make a change in the first box below the buttons. If you change that box, it enables the change button. If you alter the second box (%****%) it enables the add button. No point on having them enabled all the time if they are useless when you haven't made alterations .

Also, a quick request...

Could you possibly make the background of the icon area customizable? My theme is all dark colors (blacks, blues and greys). The background of the icon area is bright white >_<. The text input background color is changable, so I'd hope it wouldn't be to hard to code :S? If not, thats okay.

Thanks for the great plugin... keep it up .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #62
If you're wondering why they are 'greyed' out it's cause you have to actually make a change in the first box below the buttons. If you change that box, it enables the change button. If you alter the second box (%****%) it enables the add button. No point on having them enabled all the time if they are useless when you haven't made alterations .

Correct ... that is the intended behaviour
Could you possibly make the background of the icon area customizable? My theme is all dark colors (blacks, blues and greys). The background of the icon area is bright white >_<. The text input background color is changable, so I'd hope it wouldn't be to hard to code :S? If not, thats okay.

Thanks for the great plugin... keep it up .

It is also the intended behaviour (background should apply to the icon as well) and working fine here on W2k, but for some reason it is spoiled with XP. I'm currently fighting to have it work on XP as well.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #63
Hi NEMO, I seem to miss some dependenies. Do I need the MSVCR80ers?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #65
0.9 is the version of the plugin itself as far as I can see, it has nothing to do with fb2k 0.9 compatibility, 

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #66
Thank you toology! Now I see... Sorry!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #67
+ the search focus is not in the vertical center (to be strict, although that's just a tiny problem)

Fixed here, will be in the next version when i'm done with the icon problem.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #68
What's the advantage of this plugin over dbsearch?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #69
What's the advantage of this plugin over dbsearch?

I think it's rather comparable with the Playlist Search (F3). The advantage is that you don't have to press F3 first because it's a panel 

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #70
Version 0.9.3 is out, and the icon display problem with XP sould be fixed, thanks to foosion for his support.
(Please confirm, I have tested on XP but we never know).

The search text should be now vertically centered.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #71
Yes, my "problems" are fixed, thank you
btw., did you change the size of the search field, because it's only resizable to a certain degree
pic shows max size:

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #72
Thanks for the confirmation.
BTW, the toolbar is not resizable at the moment, I will implement resizing in a future version.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #73
Yes the icons are now correctly displayed in Windows XP!
Thank you!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #74
Thanks for the confirmation.
BTW, the toolbar is not resizable at the moment, I will implement resizing in a future version.

Works fine here too. And there's no unused space anymore, thanks