Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 668414 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #300
Please remove the Alt shortcut. It interferes with default WinXP input language switching combination (Alt+Shift).

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #301
NEMO7538,
My dreams came true! Thanks for making this WONDERFUL component!!

OMFG, I am rockin` in the free world now

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #302
Please remove the Alt shortcut. It interferes with default WinXP input language switching combination (Alt+Shift).

my thoughts exactly... please remove Alt shortcut. It interferes with Alt+TAB (:worse:)
I'd say standard win behavior, Alt+down for displaying dropdown menus is better suited

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #303
ok, will fix for the next version.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #304
Is there any way of building the search box into the foobar design without having to have a floating box?

So how do I do this if the panel doesn't show up in columns_ui preferences?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #305
.... i'm thinking about implementing a wider "find as you type" (on database) capability, as it was requested by many.

This would be great.  Also, if you could put some kind of delay on the search, that would be great.  As it is, I have a library of 9000 songs, and when I go to type "trail of dead" with the inline search, it performs the search immediately after "t", "tr", "tra", which as you can imagine with a large library really chunks away at my CPU.  If possible, could you make your inline search behave similarly/exactly to how the default foobar F3 search works (ie only run the search after the user has stopped typing for .5sec).  That way I can type out the full "trail of dead" at a reasonable speed, and a half-second after I'm done it'll run its first and correct search instead of 11 consecutive searches, which is just silly imo.

Thanks, and great work on the plugin!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #306

.... i'm thinking about implementing a wider "find as you type" (on database) capability, as it was requested by many.

This would be great.  Also, if you could put some kind of delay on the search, that would be great.  As it is, I have a library of 9000 songs, and when I go to type "trail of dead" with the inline search, it performs the search immediately after "t", "tr", "tra", which as you can imagine with a large library really chunks away at my CPU.  If possible, could you make your inline search behave similarly/exactly to how the default foobar F3 search works (ie only run the search after the user has stopped typing for .5sec).  That way I can type out the full "trail of dead" at a reasonable speed, and a half-second after I'm done it'll run its first and correct search instead of 11 consecutive searches, which is just silly imo.

Thanks, and great work on the plugin!

you could make an option to set the delay and a minimum character count so everybody can adjust it according to favours.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #307
Thanks a lot for this plugin. It was the final thing I needed for my Foobar 0.9

And while you're at it, could you change the behavior of the search history?
When I do an inline search, let's say for "trail of the dead", my history looks like this:

trail of the dead
trail of the dea
trail of the de
trail of the d
trail of the
trail of the

I guess if you do as Manticorr says, it won't be a big problem, so just give it a low priority

Thx again for a great plugin!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #308
To prevent that problem in the history for search-as-you-type, you might want to set the delay pretty long, maybe as long as 4 or 5 seconds, so that only the main searches are saved. Of course the actual searching delay should remain short at about .5 seconds.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #309
I'd say standard win behavior, Alt+down for displaying dropdown menus is better suited

A quickfix was implemented in the latest versions. Please redownload from first post.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #311
The inline "search as you type" doesn't seem to work over here...I always have to type what I want, and then hit enter.  Also, when deleting the text to search for something new, the playlist remains on the last search results...so I have to use the browser to sort of "reset" the playlist...or am I just not using this plugin correctly?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #312
The inline "search as you type" doesn't seem to work over here...I always have to type what I want, and then hit enter.  Also, when deleting the text to search for something new, the playlist remains on the last search results...so I have to use the browser to sort of "reset" the playlist...or am I just not using this plugin correctly?

search domain has to be to be Active playlist for it to work... as stated many times in this thread

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #313
Hello,

I'm searching for a possibility for assigning a shortcut to get the focus to the search field. Did I missed anything? As I can not find any functionality to do this.

Regards, Lars

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #314
Map a short key to the main menu entry : Library/Quicksearch Toolbar. if the toolbar is already active it shoud receive the focus.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #315
Hi,
this tool is really useful, but is there a way to integrate it into the foobar layout as a toolbar instead of having it floating around?
TX

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #316
First of all - awesome! but ..

- What does pressing Enter do? I have to press it twice to play...
- When QuickSearch is open, but has no focus it closes when I use shortcut "j".
I have to press it twice, then it opens and gets focused.
- If you make a typo (the song is not found), then it selects text, and next character deletes all.
For example: i'm trying to search for "3 doors down", and accidently type in "doops" - it deletes doop, and finds "s".
- I too would like to see integrated search, as a toolbar.

And thx again for this great component.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #317
- I too would like to see integrated search, as a toolbar.

Right click any toolbar / Toolbars / Quick Search Toolbar
Alternatively you may go to Preferences / Display / Columns UI / Layout and modify the current layout (or create a new one) mostly by using right click

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #318
first of all i'd like to say i love this plugin and thanx for your hard work.

the problem i have is when i do a search, the created playlist result sorts my songs in a weird order, is there a way to set it to sort the way i like?  like by album.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #320
I just realized its also available as a floating panel. Great! I start it like this on one machine using a shortcut, this is very useful.

If the search is successful, the playlist in background gets the focus.

Would you please add an option "Close floating panel when successful"? Then we will not have to press tab+esc or use the mouse...

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #321
roentgen: This is for ColumnsUI users only, I suppose, because there is no such option.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #322
Thank you for still supporting v0.8x !!! 

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #323
Here's an odd one: When my search string is a five letter word and a six letter word (e.g. "yankee hotel"), nothing happens when I hit enter. Err..? Can anyone confirm?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #324
Confirmed .... and already fixed here will be fixed in the next version.