Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC with embedded cuesheet (Read 71950 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC with embedded cuesheet

Reply #125
OK.  Please download REMOVE-CUESHEET.BAT.

NB: I get around this by using LAME to do the tagging.  I get LAME to do it as I like the "ID3v1 and only ID3v2 if required" ethos.  However, the added benefit of this is that I only get the tags I specify.

Here's my LAME command for Diskwriter:

Code: [Select]
-V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1 --tn "%tracknumber%" --tt "%title%" --ta "%artist%"
--tl "%album%" --ty "%date%" --tc "-V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1" - %d

More details on my site.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the WavPack MD5.  Basically I think the idea is you would use a application to find the MD5 hash of your WAVE (either encoded or decoded) and compare it to the MD5 hash stored in WavPack to make sure they are equal (and therefore the data is the same).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #126
Neil (Synthetic Soul), thank you very much for your work (tag, batch files and guide) which could well be what I've been looking for.

I have made amendments to your batch files to fit my needs : addition of Genre and Year tags, done this myself before I found this topic (heh) and changed the directory structure to "Artist\Year - Album Title".

Now I am looking for a way to include Replaygain tagging before creating the PAR2 files, any idea on how this could be done ? I usually Replaygain my audio with foobar and have no idea how to do it through a command line batch file...

I'm also quite disturbed by the recent discussions on Wavpack. I thought I had settled for Flac, then your guide convinced me of turning to Ape, and now it seems you would rather use Wavpack ? Like you I'd like to build a backup of my collection, so I'm really interested in good compression ratio. Are you still using Ape or have you turned over to WV ?

Thanks once again for your great work !

Reply #127
Neil (Synthetic Soul), thank you very much for your work (tag, batch files and guide) which could well be what I've been looking for.

I'm very glad they may be of use to other people.

Now I am looking for a way to include Replaygain tagging before creating the PAR2 files, any idea on how this could be done ? I usually Replaygain my audio with foobar and have no idea how to do it through a command line batch file...

The only suggestion I can make here is to point out that WavPack may soon have have its own replaygain console application (there was a response from bryant on this somewhere confirming, but I can't find it), and FLAC will let you store replaygain info also.

It wouldn't be much effort to change the scripts to use WavPack, FLAC, or any other encoder.  You could probably simplify the scripts by using WavPack as you wouldn't need Tag (you could even reference the files I did for VCSkier).  There's no definite date on WavPacks' RG tool though as far as I know.

I'm also quite disturbed by the recent discussions on Wavpack. I thought I had settled for Flac, then your guide convinced me of turning to Ape, and now it seems you would rather use Wavpack ? Like you I'd like to build a backup of my collection, so I'm really interested in good compression ratio. Are you still using Ape or have you turned over to WV ?

I am still using APE, but keeping a close watch on WavPack.

I think you should remember that your archive does not need to all be in the same format.  If you decide on APE and then decide to switch to WavPack 200 CDs on, it really is no big deal.  I should try to remember this also.

I haven't made the switch to WavPack as I just don't really see a huge advantage at the moment.  I really like the way (David) bryant does things, and WavPack has some very nice features, like self-tagging from files, but it's not enough to make me switch.  I have a lot on my plate at the moment and my system is working very well for me - it is very little effort to back up a CD - so I've little inclination to make changes.  If I suddenly get some free time I may investigate WavPack more, and adapt my scripts so they are all ready to use.

The only thing I want to change my backup process at the moment is a Plextor drive.  I want one so bad. 

Edit: found the post by bryant.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #128
ok, ive got a new question.  if i wanted to transcode my images to a different codec byt keep them as images, or even just w/ different settings with wavpack (like -hxm instead of -hm), what would i need to do?  the other day i converted my collection to .ape w/ foobar2000 just to see the size differences and the output was individual files for each song, with the embedded cue sheet, causing problems when i played them in fb2k.  so is there a way to convert a wavpack image w/ embedded cue sheets and whatnot to another identical lossless image, while keeping all of the tags?

edit: typos and clarifications
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

Reply #129
I don't really know of the best way to go about this.

I always use Foobar for transcoding - but I realise that the usual benefit of embedded cuesheet handling turns out to make problems in this situation.

I can think of two alternatives:

1. I'm sure I've read about people exporting the tags to a text file, transcoding (probably XXX > WAV > YYY) and then tagging from the text file.

2. dbPowerAmp.  I don't use it - but I think it transcodes from one format to another, will retain tags, but won't be confused by the cuesheet tag.

Personally, I would probably remove the cuesheet tag, transcode in Foobar, then replace it.

There is also the possibility of using Foobar and choosing Convert > Run conversion, single file output.  I would want to test the results of this, but it's likely it will work as required.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #130
@synthetic-soul: Thanks for the guide, i've already ripped 100+ CDs. I just noticed that in EAC options -->Tools 'Do not open external compressor window' has to be unchecked, otherwise EAC only ripps the CD in wav. It's better to mention that in the guide to the EAC configuration section.
Cheers!

Reply #131
Thanks for the recognition, and suggestion.

FYI, I am actually using REACT now.  I find it easier to maintain than the batch files, and it has other benefits like F10 to start the process, and auto-closing dialogues.
I'm on a horse.