Skip to main content

Topic: foo_dsp_silence (Read 14830 times) previous topic - next topic

• Zao
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
foo_dsp_silence
foo_dsp_silence
After someone ranted in the IRC channel about creating pauses in between tracks and mourned foo_dsp_pause from 0.8, I made foo_dsp_silence. The plugin will insert a configurable amount of silence at the end of tracks. It's handy for getting MiniDisc devices to detect track changes.
Zao shang yong zao nong zao rang zao ren zao.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.

• TrNSZ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #1
[deleted]
  • Last Edit: 27 August, 2015, 03:56:03 PM by TrNSZ

• Zao
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #2
Now that was a stupid bug.
Reproduced and fixed with 0.0.2, available from the site.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.

• hoelk
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #3
you're a hero

• Chaser
  • [*][*][*][*]
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #4
Thank you! I also have a MD-Player. Maybe it's time to record some tracks

foo_dsp_silence
Reply #5
I have this CD of many tracks but the end of a track sometimes is the intro of another and i wonder how to get gapless trackmarks like on the original CD. Would you know? I suppose relying on the MD to just cut off the silence accurately wont work.

• rotzbouw
  • [*]
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #6
Hm, some days ago, this component caused my foobar to crash, but now everything seems to work just fine (maybe due to a reduction to a minimal number of components).
I'll let you know if there will be a problem again, because I am one of the surviving MD users not keen on buying an mp3player.

Thanks

• TrNSZ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #7
[deleted]
  • Last Edit: 27 August, 2015, 03:35:13 PM by TrNSZ

• Zao
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #8
rotzbouw: I'd be interested in knowing if this crash produced any failure.txt, and how it crashed. Did it make foobar2000 poof, throw up a dialog about getting terminated by the runtime, or did it show the regular windows crashed app box?

Also, what were you doing when the crash occured? Was it at a track change event, just generic fiddling around or something odd?

• TrNSZ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #9
[deleted]
  • Last Edit: 27 August, 2015, 03:35:23 PM by TrNSZ

• rotzbouw
  • [*]
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #10
Unfortunately I don't have logs anymore as I have completely reinstalled foobar2000.

The crash happened at a track change, yes. I remember it causing Dr Watsons to get started but not the exact error message, I'm afraid.

However, it seems that it works perfectly well now, so I can't help you with bug reports anymore

• u2watcher
  • [*][*][*]
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #11
I have a question can this plugin make it like when your listening to a album version of a song and it gets real quiet at the end or theres no point of hearing near silence, can it can fade out that track at a certain amount of silence and go into the next track?

Thanks if you know

• JackieKu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #12
I need pre-track silence, since my MP3 player does fade in effect at beginning  of each track . Do you add this feature?

foo_dsp_silence
Reply #13
Does anyone can to recompile plugin for using in foobar2000 1.0? 

• lvqcl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_dsp_silence
Reply #14