Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_meowdb - Online Database (Read 5530 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_meowdb - Online Database

This is a component to put your foobar's Media Library to an online database.
The details are here: http://eludevisibility.org/
There's an example output here: http://eludevisibility.org/
Any positive feedback or suggestions are welcomed, but not here do it there ^^^.

Reply #1
Eagerly awaiting plain text and html output.

Reply #2
You should already have the Microsoft runtimes required for other components, if not you can download them elsewhere.
I find this attitude bothersome; either link the runtime statically, or provide a download link to the correct runtime. Experience shows that more than once users accidentally downloaded beta runtimes because the author of some component failed to provide the redistributable runtime required for his component, which only lead to application crashes.

You will also need libcurl.dll in the foobar2000 directory or your system directory, usually C:\Program Files\foobar2000 works fine; you can get that DLL at the cURL homepage.
I could only find libcurl-3.dll on the cURL homepage. I assumed I was supposed to rename it, which I did. However, foo_meowdb.dll could not be loaded because of an invalid memory access.

So far, it didn't make a very convincing impression on me.

Reply #3
I added the runtimes and the libcurl downloads, but it is on the cURL page, I swear!

Reply #4
Hi, I just wanted to point out that your webpage's menu is messed up (I only see the bottom of it, therefore no download link, which is bad) when using Opera.

Reply #5
It still doesn't load for me and regarding the runtimes: this component does not need the Visual C++ 7.1 runtime files. At this point I have the impression that you are either a total noob, or that this is a big joke. For the sake of the argument I'll assume the former.

I took a look at the source code to find any hints why this would not load. While I did not find a hint about that, what I saw genuinely frightened my nontheless. I seriously suggest that you read and understand at least the following topics; otherwise I'm afraid that foo_meowdb will end up on the known offenders/banned components list sooner or later: