Skip to main content

Topic: How do I separate the voice and beats of a song... (Read 17521 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I separate the voice and beats of a song...
I dont think its possible but its worth a try...so are there any programs that would be able to separate the voice (or singing) from the actual musical beats of a mp3 or wav?

• Tahnru
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #1
It's not going to do what you are looking for, but take a look at Audacity. It's free, it does stuff to audio, and it's fun to play with.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

• Firon
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You can't really get acceptable audio quality when doing this, I do believe. And if the voices have weird stereo effects it's basically impossible to remove, afaik.
  • Last Edit: 05 April, 2006, 06:14:27 PM by Firon

• pepoluan
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
You can't really get acceptable audio quality when doing this, I do believe. And if the voices have weird stereo effects it's basically impossible to remove, afaik.
I concur. Most audio-processing tools remove vocals by merely subtracting the left channel with the right channel, hoping that the vocal is recorded at same intensity & phase on both channels.

When it is shifted on the soundstage, or has its L/R phase inverted (to make it sounds like it comes from inside your head), the vocals will still be there.
Nobody is Perfect.
I am Nobody.

http://pandu.poluan.info

Reply #4
so are there any free programs available online that can do this?

• znode
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
So do a google search on "vocal remover"?

• Mono
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Members (Donating)
Reply #6
This question has been asked ad nauseam. The answer remains:  try to cut out the center channel if the vocals are there. (Extra boy is a free VST plug in to use in your preferred editor). There are not many other options, except the magic scissors of course .
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley