Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I? (Read 3915 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I?

Hello,

Well I a newbie here and want to ask you something, I have bought a CD which I want to rip to save it to my hard disk, I have installed EAC and also the Lame 3.98 alpha 3 encoder. Now I want to know which command line will give me the ultimate sound quality.

I did went through the tutorials about EAC and found this to be the best

Code: [Select]
-q 0 -b 320 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

But if the xperts here can provide a really much more better one than this one then it would be helpful. [I dont want the freeformat command line]

I dont mind about the size just the sound quality should be like EXCELLENT!!!!

How can I?

Reply #2
Thank you Tahnru but this didnt helped me much!!! well please any one else

How can I?

Reply #3
first, learn to use the search.
second, use maningfull post title/subtitles:

for me:
-V 5 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

is transparent, if you want better, try

-V 0 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

How can I?

Reply #4
twistadrulerz:
How can a thread with recommendations not help you much? From the recommendation thread:

Best Quality: archiving
-b 320 - This is the strongest setting for MP3, with the lowest risk of artifacts.

If this is not the answer you are looking for, can you please refine your question?
"We cannot win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win."

How can I?

Reply #5
Thanks For sorting out my mistakes which i havent asked about, anywayz i will try the command line you provided.

ThX for it

How can I?

Reply #7
Thanks For sorting out my mistakes which i havent asked about, anywayz i will try the command line you provided.

ThX for it

Step 1.  Stop being arrogant and STFU.
Step 2.  Read the stickies and STFU.
Step 3.  When asking for help, you're not more important than ANYBODY, so STFU.
Step 4.  Re-read the stickies, since you didn't read 'em right.

Perfect quality can be achieved with lossless encoders.  Look for FLAC or WavPack settings with EAC.

"peace",
T.

How can I?

Reply #8
Also, I just thought I'd mention, you are are breaking a TOS, see here

Kristian

How can I?

Reply #9
ThX every 1  it helped me out...

And Shade[ST] I aint arguin

But still FOlks m sorry for everythin