Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lame Vs. Toshiba MEA-220 mp3 player (Read 2370 times) previous topic - next topic

Lame Vs. Toshiba MEA-220 mp3 player

Heh... just another reason why i hate those tiny solid state mp3 players . I work at CompUSA as a computer tech and the Toshiba Rep was walking through our building on Sunday looking for mp3s to try on his tiny mp3 player. Eventually he found me since i carry my entire music collection of about 400+ albums in my case logic cd book on about 50 cds all the time. He asked me to cram as many mp3s onto his little device as i could. Obligingly i hooked this thing up to one of our shop computers and started pushing some Orbital tracks to the mp3 player. I was disgusted to find it would only hold 3 tracks. I use --alt-preset standard on everything and that was only to compromise on space usage. When I gave the guy back his player i let him listen to the tracks as well as my two cents about the player's capacity. He was extremely impressed by the quality but he probably didnt hear anything i said about the capacity.

I just dont understand the benefit to these devices for people who have any hearing capability at all. Who wants to listen to all their mp3s@ 64kbps? I have always been an advocate of mp3 cd or even hard drive based (pending affordability) players. Anyways, the guy eventually came back and asked for a copy of some copyrighted music. This guy wouldnt last a day if he worked for Sony