Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Listening Test (Read 106799 times) previous topic - next topic

New Listening Test

Reply #200
What I think it sucks is that they still have the WMA vs. HE-AAC page up where they tell the people how great WMA performed, but now they don't let someone proof this.

Are you really that surprised?

Why would they want people to prove it? Marketing isn't made of hard proofs, it's made of embellishment.

New Listening Test

Reply #201
It's been a good while since this thread has been updated.  Any news?  Are we waiting for the release of Vista or something so that we can test WMA Pro properly?

edit: I guess M$ could be a problem here huh?  They probably don't want proof of how bad their codec really is    It'd be nice to see if it's improved though.

OK, will start a new thread today or tomorrow. Just have to get a project done.

Was there another thread that carries this subject on, that I don't know about?

New Listening Test

Reply #202
I think at least until Aoyumi finished tuning aoTuV5 there...

New Listening Test

Reply #203
It's been a good while since this thread has been updated.  Any news?  Are we waiting for the release of Vista or something so that we can test WMA Pro properly?

edit: I guess M$ could be a problem here huh?  They probably don't want proof of how bad their codec really is    It'd be nice to see if it's improved though.

OK, will start a new thread today or tomorrow. Just have to get a project done.

Was there another thread that carries this subject on, that I don't know about?

Thread: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=44881
Poll: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=45840

However, the poll made no sense at all and I am sorry I started it. The test was delayed until 2007 when either Vista or WMP 11 is available as final version.

New Listening Test

Reply #204
I would appreciate it if a moderator could lock this topic and the two aforemoentioned ones, since the 48 kbps test was delayed until next year.

Dicussion about the next test(s) will follow shortly.