Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CDA -> (flac & mp3) (Read 5737 times) previous topic - next topic

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

i beleive EAC is the best ripping program around. i want to rip a CD-audio into flac and into mp3 at the same time. i want to automatically save the two files into diffrent lcoations in folders with Artist\Alubm folders generated automatically. i would like the track number incuuded in the file name for each codecs. the flac setting to be -6 and the mp3 to be encoded with lame cbr 128kbs. the problem is i don't really understand how to do this.

i have been trying to do it with "mareo" but i am having a lot of trouble configering it. i had been searching for answers about a month ago but losst interest as i kept reaching dead ends and am now asking for help.

i don't have to use "mareo" but i am pretty sure mareo will do it. i am haveing most trouble with configering the mareo.ini file.

i have read a page on how to configure the file but gave up before i reached my outcome.

and now am asking for help.

p.s. i don't know what comand line parameters i should really use either but thats not as important.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #1
Can you please post the relevant contents (i.e.: only those parts uncommented) of your current MAREO INI file.

Have you managed to run MAREO successfully at all?

Also please post your EAC External Compressor settings.

Thanks.
I'm on a horse.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #2
"Can you please post the relevant contents (i.e.: only those parts uncommented) of your current MAREO INI file."

not too sure what you mean but at this time ihaven't changed anything in the ini i have always put it back to the defult settings

when i choose mareo for the external program it says every thing is successful but no files are ever added i have tried changing the ini but had no luck

my settings are:

[exturnal program]

[y] use exturnal program
parameter passing scheme: (user defined)
use fiile extension: (.flac)
program/path......: IS CORRECT (mareo)
additional command line options: (scrON fileON mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m")
[y] delete wav
[y] use crc check
[n] add id3 tag
[y] check for exturnal programs return
[y] high quality

does this help?

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #3
is this what you mean?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; FLAC
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; EXT = flac
; PATH = H:\Music\Songs\test
; ENCODER = D:\music\software\EAC\eac095pb5\flac.exe
; PARAMETERS = -5 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@title@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="FLAC+MAREO"

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MP3 GOGO NO CODA (fastest MP3 encoder, based on LAME 3.8x) (http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html)
; EXT = mp3
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = gogo.exe
; PARAMETERS = -v 0 -q 0 -m j "@source@" "@dest@"

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #4
that was just trying to get flac to work i have had no luck getting any file out of mareo.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #5
@benaw: remove the semi-colons ";" in your ini file, so it will look like this:

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; FLAC
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXT = flac
PATH = H:\Music\Songs\test
ENCODER = D:\music\software\EAC\eac095pb5\flac.exe
PARAMETERS = -5 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@title@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="FLAC+MAREO"

; LAME MP3

EXT = mp3
PATH = H:\Music\Songs\test
ENCODER = D:\music\software\EAC\eac095pb5\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = --preset standard --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" --tc "LAME 3.xx --preset standard" "@source@" "@dest@"

(I'm assuming you have a copy of LAME.exe in your EAC folder. If not, just change the ENCODER path to whatever folder your LAME exe is in. If you don't have LAME yet, you can get it from Rarewares.)

cheers,
kindofblue
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #6
kindofblue thanks for your sugestions i got much further with mareo but it's still not working. i've decided to start using wack and starting to use it with flac only. it seems like wack is newer and a little bit more powerful i don't really understand images and que sheets yet but i'm not botherd wack will still give me seprate files for each track.

i have followed all the instructions on the wack web site. and edited the ini file like so:

[FLAC]
EXEPATH=D:\music\software\EAC\eac095pb5\flac.exe
ARGUMENTS=-o %d -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s
FILEPATH=D:\test\flac\%a - %g\%a - %g
EXTENSION=.flac
FILETYPE=1
APPLYREPLAYGAIN=false
;REPLAYGAINEXEPATH=C:\EAC\metaflac.exe
;REPLAYGAINARGUMENTS=--add-replay-gain "D:\test\flac\%a - %g\%a - %g.flac"

i left the ;'s in for the REPLAYGAIN because i didn't think it would matter. i have also tried it with out them but this is what the file looks like now. i haven't made any other changes to the file.

when i click action > copy selected tracks > compressed, the .wav file will be made but then wack comes up and looks a bit like this.

wack needs 7 parameters
source
original source
destination
artist
album
date
genre

The path (for FILEPATH=D:\test\flac\%a - %g\%a - %g) D:\test does not exist either but i don't think that matters. the flac file is not produced.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #7
What command line have you got in EAC?

If WACK is complaining about the parameters it is basically a fault with your EAC setup - most likely the command line.

The website says to use %s %o %d "%a" "%g" "%y" "%m".

Is that what you have?
I'm on a horse.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #8
yes, but i didn't have the spaces i've fixed that now and am now receving a pop-up that looks a bit like this:

Wack.exe - common language Runtime Debugging Services

application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

process id=0xb08 (2824), Thred id 0xe60 (3680).

click ok to terminate.......
click cancel to debug.......

after the .wav file is produced.

i have also removed the two other ;'s to.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #10
ok, i don't know if that was installed but it is now. now i am getting a diffrent pop-up message.

process id=0xd00 (3328), thread id=0xd04 (3332)

i do not have the JTI debuger either but i don't think that matters.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #11
i have edited the ini again, i changed

;REPLAYGAINEXEPATH=C:\EAC\metaflac.exe
;REPLAYGAINARGUMENTS=--add-replay-gain "D:\test\flac\%a - %g\%a - %g.flac"

to

REPLAYGAINEXEPATH=
REPLAYGAINARGUMENTS=

new error:

process id=0xcdc (3292), thred id=0xedc (3804)

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #12
does any one have any other suggestions or good links to read i really don't know what i need to do. is there any more information that you need know to help. this really shouldn't be too hard to do.

CDA -> (flac & mp3)

Reply #13
I'm having this same problem.