Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Freedb in EAC using Ubuntu (Read 3194 times) previous topic - next topic

Freedb in EAC using Ubuntu

Hi,

I'm new with EAC and I've been trying to get all the settings right. Everything seems to work ok now, but suddenly Freedb stops working. I've tried now many days and I can't connect to the server (I've tried all in the list). EAC get's stuck when it tries to get the information. When I wait long enough, I get the server error. I've searched the forum and I see Freedb has caused gray hairs to many. None of the tips I've found just seem to work!

Is there any other way to get the CD track information than Freedb?? I certainly don't want to type it after seeing how easy it can be. I'm using Ubuntu - Linux and I'm also new with that so I'm totally lost what to do.    Any ideas?

And now this is prpbably a stupid question but I make it anyway: why can't EAC get the disc information just directly from the disc since it is there?

Thank you in advance.

Freedb in EAC using Ubuntu

Reply #1
I answer my own question in case someone is having the same problem. It was the new version of Wine that caused this, I went back to using version 0.9.33 and freedb works again in EAC.