Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC not reading my plextor SATA drive (Read 2737 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC not reading my plextor SATA drive

I tried a little search, but didn't find anything related - when I try to setup EAC, the drive option wizard shows a checked check box, and then blank next to it where my drive should be.  I have a plextor px-716a sata dvd burner.  Are these supported by eac?  I can't run the test in EAC because it won't find the cd in the drive and it just shows:  Adapter: 2 ID: 2  in the drive selection under the menu bar.  Any ideas?
Thanks
Geoff

Reply #1
Do you use onboard SATA or a SATA adapter card?

Reply #2
Most common reason of EAC not seeing PATA drives, are wrong settings in Interface tab of EAC Options - if you have "Installed external ASPI interface" selected, switch it to "Native Win32 interface for Win NT/2000/XP". If it's the other way around, copy WNASPI32.DLL from Nero folder to EAC folder and set it to use "Installed external ASPI interface" (if you don't have Nero you can download that DLL from its website, and remember to restart EAC).
Hopefuly it will also help in case of SATA drive.